Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rifle Storage Options

Old 08-30-2014, 05:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rifle Storage Options

Hey ya'll. Just built my first AR-15 today and am curious if anyone has made use of that storage space in the back of two door's. I am a college student and would like to have my gun with me, but do not want it in my dorm due to the libs at Baylor going crazy. I would like to keep it hidden and not take up any room, and that storage space seems like the best option. Any cases/homebuilt options that will fit?
Old 08-30-2014, 05:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I would make sure whatever you use is lockable. Would hate to leave my AR in my Jeep unless it is fully secured. I have yet to see anything that would be perfect for the Jeep. I have seen some over the head racks that you can put a pad lock on, but the rifle would be fully visible to anyway that looked up at it.
Old 08-30-2014, 07:06 PM
JK Freak

If they catch you with an ar 15 in your vehicle on campus expect to be expelled and possibly heavily fined/jailed, school campus' are a strict no gun zone even in 2nd amendment loving states.
Old 08-30-2014, 07:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rooney94
Hey ya'll. Just built my first AR-15 today and am curious if anyone has made use of that storage space in the back of two door's. I am a college student and would like to have my gun with me, but do not want it in my dorm due to the libs at Baylor going crazy. I would like to keep it hidden and not take up any room, and that storage space seems like the best option. Any cases/homebuilt options that will fit?

Take it apart to be on the safe side, not in the jeep or room. Any friends off campus that you could trust to keep it for you. not a good deal for you -sorry.
Old 08-30-2014, 07:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

I wouldn't bring a gun onto a campus... With all the gun control crap and shootings as of late, that's just asking for trouble if the wrong person get's wind of it.
Old 08-30-2014, 07:53 PM
JK Newbie

Good points everyone, i have tracked down a buddy to let me use his gun-safe until next year when I live off campus.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by rooney94
Good points everyone, i have tracked down a buddy to let me use his gun-safe until next year when I live off campus.
Sounds like the best option

Quick Reply: Rifle Storage Options