Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rides Rough -few questions please!!

Old 07-27-2009, 03:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a front and rear trackbar bracket is that the same as adjustable one? and i have gotten the front ended aligned like 5 times and I still feel like it is not fully aligned.. if you were in my position would you get front lower control arms or what?
Old 07-27-2009, 04:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jonmorgan12
I have a front and rear trackbar bracket is that the same as adjustable one? and i have gotten the front ended aligned like 5 times and I still feel like it is not fully aligned.. if you were in my position would you get front lower control arms or what?
The brackets add a fixed "extension" to the trac bar. An adjustable trac bar allows you to dial in the precise length to get the axle exactly centered under the frame.

More things to think about,

Where did you have it aligned, the tire place gave me a free alignment that actually made the thing worse. Thanks Town Fair!

And, do you think one of your wheels might be unbalanced. Does not fit you description perfectly, but is a possibility if you have vibrations and pulls.

As far as upper are lower, there are several threads on here. I went with the uppers before reading any of the debate and they have been fine for me.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:06 PM
JK Newbie

Well i have about $1,500 right now saved but i was going to invest in new 4.88 gears and upgrade to 35 inch tires. Do you think i should instead spend that money on lower front control arms and suspension components?
Old 07-27-2009, 04:40 PM
JK Newbie

I drove home after liftin my jeep on stock tires (about 40 miles) and noticed some bump steer. After putting 35's on and tightening my trackbar(115 ft/lbs, top & bottom) the situation was resolved.

Hope that helps.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:50 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sure sounds like you have a toe-out condition.....
Old 07-27-2009, 04:55 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

possibly a camel-toe condition.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
You mean where the two tires are perfectly parallel to each other even to the naked eye?
Old 07-27-2009, 06:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by planman
Skyjacker Nitro shocks=stiff
Skyjacker Hydro shocks=nice and soft, and inexpensive

Your flightiness is due to to little caster and to little toe-in.

Here is a write-up that explains alignments:
http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...-end-alignment

If you don't want it to drive like crap, the minimum additional components you need to add are adjustable lower front control arms to correct your caster, an adjustable front trackbar to center your axle, and longer front and rear swaybar links. To be on the safe side, you also need either longer brakelines or brakeline relocation brackets.

Because you have a 2 door, eventually your rear driveshaft will fail because it cannot handle the steep angle required by a 3.5" lift. When it does, you will need an aftermarket rear driveshaft and adjustable rear upper control arms.
x2 ... That about sums it up.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:34 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
But seriously, I would think he his toe set right and go from there, sounds like too much toe out on his rig.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:35 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DeepSky
You mean where the two tires are perfectly parallel to each other even to the naked eye?
brilliant!

Quick Reply: Rides Rough -few questions please!!