Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Ride has suddenly deteriorated????????????

Old 08-16-2013, 06:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RK tie rod uses stock tie rod ends. The synergy TR uses beefier ones that come with the tie rod. Give synergy a try. The drag link also comes with beefy ends. Much better than stock.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:04 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mpkelley20
RK tie rod uses stock tie rod ends. The synergy TR uses beefier ones that come with the tie rod. Give synergy a try. The drag link also comes with beefy ends. Much better than stock.
That makes sense, I was wondering why it lasted all of 3k miles. I will order the synergy. Thanks guys for all the help!
Old 08-18-2013, 02:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Subscribed to find out the results. I'm still in shock over the opening statement that you out 14,000 dollars into your jk.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

TI just installed the Synergy tie rod and drag link on my JK. The TRE's are very beefy and can be lubed, much better than my stock components (which had 70K on them). I also put in Dynatrac prosteer ball joints a few weeks earlier so my front end is getting nicely upgraded. Jeeps feels a lot better on the road.
Old 08-18-2013, 08:15 AM
Forum Tech Advisor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by stevedolce
Subscribed to find out the results. I'm still in shock over the opening statement that you out 14,000 dollars into your jk.
Some was allocated towards "bling" with 20" wheels with 38x15.50R20 tires, and 50" and 20" LEDs.

From one of his other threads:

Rock Crawler X Factor Mid Arm 5.5 with Fox Resi Shocks
Bilstein Dual Stabilizers
20x12 Fuel Hostage with 38x15.5x20 Mickey MTZ
Smitty Side Armor
G2 5:13 Gears
J.E. Reel driveshaft's
JW Speaker Headlights
Vision X Rock Lights
AEV Procal

The small stuff-
Knuckles off road backing plate with Rotopax Cans/Locks (2 more on the way)
Rhino Lined Grill
Clear markers
Locking Hood latches/Gas cap/Tuffy Drawer
Poly steel grab handles (4)
Synergy gussets

On the way- Artec Truss, Synergy Ball Joints, Poison Spyder Diff covers, RSE front bumper, 50" LED windshield, 20" LED bumper bar...
Old 08-18-2013, 09:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Oh-- just some odds and ends.

And for what I spent 10% of that on my OME HD lift and it rides great--
Old 11-30-2013, 04:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by VETTETHRET
The background-

I had my Rock Krawler 5.5 installed a couple of months ago with Fox Resi shocks. The ride was pretty rough so I took the shocks off and had Fox soften them up, which helped (Id say a 20% improvement). This is a big lift so I was thinking it probably needs a long arm to smoothen out the ride. I just spent 14k on the thing and don't have the bread to do it, so as a temporary fix, I threw on the AEV drop brackets (I know) and that helped with the initial impact quite a bit and seemed to smooth it out. Now 2k miles later the Jeep is riding rough again (About the same as before).

When your going straight and hit a series of bumps or undulations the whole thing wallows (Feels like Jello), which is weird because when I take on on/off ramp it feels very stable. I am at a loss at this point what's causing this ruff/marshmallow ride. Could it be something loose like a track bar or something? My tires are MT MTZ which are D rated and run at 25 lbs (I HAVE TRIED ALL KINDS OF PRESSURES). Any ideas? I am taking it back to the shop that did the work on Friday to have them check it out and possibly tighten anything that's lose.
You might want to look into king shocks with adjustable compression I love mine I can make it as soft as my fiancés Lexus lol. And off-road they are Incredible they fit perfect with my RK 2.5 lift. I had them for about 2 months and love the ride specially when I drive into NYC. Lol rough bumpy roads suddenly feel like almost nicely paved roads lol. And off road well they are king shocks after all so the shine!

Last edited by stangmike1; 11-30-2013 at 04:53 AM.
Old 11-30-2013, 10:20 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stangmike1
You might want to look into king shocks with adjustable compression I love mine I can make it as soft as my fiancés Lexus lol. And off-road they are Incredible they fit perfect with my RK 2.5 lift. I had them for about 2 months and love the ride specially when I drive into NYC. Lol rough bumpy roads suddenly feel like almost nicely paved roads lol. And off road well they are king shocks after all so the shine!
I actually fixed the squirming by running 32 Psi. It absolutely disappeared but now the rough is a little rough. The King Adjustable's are definitely on my list. ORE said it was probably my springs that are causing it since they have to be stiff for a high ride height. Either which way the Kings will be my next purchase. Every time I see a post with someone who has them, loves them Thanks for reaffirming, got to pull the trigger on these soon!

Quick Reply: Ride has suddenly deteriorated????????????