Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Riddler diff covers and lube locker question

Old 04-13-2011, 02:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riddler diff covers and lube locker question

Ok so I'm ordering front and rear diff covers with the lube locker gaskets. Question for people with expierence with these.
1. Are the lube lockers that great? Will I like?
2. Front locker is going to be ordered in three weeks. I can just pull off diff cover and install locker and reinstall diff cover without having to get a new lube locker right?
Any questions, concerns, or comments would be great.
By the way, front locker is going to be an Aussie locker. I'm a rock crawler with hard core trail riding. Barley any mud if any.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:26 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Feasterdef
Ok so I'm ordering front and rear diff covers with the lube locker gaskets. Question for people with expierence with these.
2. Front locker is going to be ordered in three weeks. I can just pull off diff cover and install locker and reinstall diff cover without having to get a new lube locker right?
By the way, front locker is going to be an Aussie locker. I'm a rock crawler with hard core trail riding. Barley any mud if any.
Here is a thread I started recently that may be useful:

Riddlers and LubeLockers
Old 04-13-2011, 02:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

the Lube Lockers are very nice if you believe you will be doing work on the Diff's in the future (taking the covers on and off) I do not believe the Riddlers have a good drain system, so yes you may have them on and off a few times, otherwise....RTV will work just fine...

Bottom line is they are a luxury, not a necessity
Old 04-13-2011, 03:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love my lubelockers. I've been running them for 3+ years. Diffs are changed regularly and I've never had a leak.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:23 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JKBobAZ

the Lube Lockers are very nice if you believe you will be doing work on the Diff's in the future (taking the covers on and off) I do not believe the Riddlers have a good drain system, so yes you may have them on and off a few times, otherwise....RTV will work just fine...

Bottom line is they are a luxury, not a necessity
What do you mean "drain system" the drain is built into the axle housing on the JK. The factory diff covers don't even have (nor do they need) their own drain plugs.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like my Riddlers and lube lockers. I haven't had them off yet since the install, but they are supposed to be "reuseable."

Just upgrade to grade 8 bolts and go at least 5 ft lbs less torque than the lube locker spec.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:08 PM
JK Freak

I love mine. Never had a problem with them. Some people had issues with the bolts, but I was able to torque mine down without any problems.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Just installed these couple weeks ago. No issues except for one of the bolts breaking. Seems like a common thing from what I've seen on here .
After this past weekend's trail run I know I know the front was hit a time or two and everything held up fine. I'm happy with them.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thank u for quick responses. I am ordering this week. Lube lockers and diff covers. Going to go ahead and order grade 8 bolts too just to be on safe side. To these diff covers come painted or powdercoated? If not what do u think is better?
Old 04-14-2011, 12:35 PM
JK Freak

Thank u for quick responses. I am ordering this week. Lube lockers and diff covers. Going to go ahead and order grade 8 bolts too just to be on safe side. To these diff covers come painted or powdercoated? If not what do u think is better?
Riddlers need to be painted which is cool cause you do what you want. Just make sure you clean/prep first.

Quick Reply: Riddler diff covers and lube locker question