Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rhino Liner

Old 01-08-2021, 09:00 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just started this on my 2007 Rubicon........ need to replace the driver side floor pan, then prep the rest. I don't want to replace the carpet, rather leave it out. But any thoughts on the wiring on the sides. Open to suggestions.

Old 01-08-2021, 09:22 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,701 Posts

I would suggest that the pegs under/around the rear seat that the factory wiring clips to currently....cut those off. I got some nice weaved wire wire loom and once the wires exited the b-pillar plastic under the rear door area, I tucked that wire loom up, tight under the door and ran up the back of the rear door, through where the rear door latch is, and then down the underside of the tub rail. You can use some zip tie anchors to help keep this loom held tightly in place, but the double-sided tape on those plastic anchors usually suck and don't hold when things get dirty/dusty. I epoxied some of mine in place and they have held ok.

As far as leaving things bedlined....I lived like that for maybe 18 months or more. My floor was always dirty and it was just as much a pain to clean to look nice as the old carpet was. I couldn’t have cared less about the noise/heat/utilitarian look of a bare tub, but it never looked very nice cuz it was dirty as heck all the time. I ended up buying some BedRug for the front and middle of the jeep (didn’t get the rear cargo piece). I think that cost ~$225 maybe at the time and that product was great. It brought back a small bit of refinement, took minutes to install, and minutes to pull out and hose off if ya had to. I can’t say enough good things about my experience with that stuff. Keep it in mind if having a bare bedlined tub ever wears on you.
The following users liked this post:
chez323 (01-08-2021)

Quick Reply: Rhino Liner