Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rhino Line or Linex?

Old 05-18-2010, 07:37 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rhino Line or Linex?

I am going to have my bumpers, front and back, redone by one of the above. I just can't decide which one. It seems that at least in the city that I live the Rhino Lining is quite a bit cheaper. I was looking at have the interior possibly done, also. Which will stand up the best? Which looks the best? Any other things that I should be looking at? Thanks.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:39 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have Rhino on my fenders and it's held up well for two years, I just repaint it every once in a while because it gets "old" looking after time.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rebel Heart
I am going to have my bumpers, front and back, redone by one of the above. I just can't decide which one. It seems that at least in the city that I live the Rhino Lining is quite a bit cheaper. I was looking at have the interior possibly done, also. Which will stand up the best? Which looks the best? Any other things that I should be looking at? Thanks.

I had my Mopar bumper with tire carrier Rhino lined everything including bolted areas. I would suggest removed anything with bolts first before you do it. If you dont and later wanting to take a particular bolt off, you're going to peel some of the liner off around that area.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:57 PM
JK Newbie

I did LINE-X on my truck and plan on using the same when I do the inside of my tub on my jeep. I will opt for the line-x extreme, or whatever its called, suppose to be fade resistant.

The Line-x is a "cleaner" look, all of the edges are sharper where they finish it. Also the rhino is a softer liner
Old 05-18-2010, 08:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

x2 for linex. Much cleaner looking
Old 05-18-2010, 08:07 PM
JK Freak

I believe that line x is hot cured or at least sprayed hot, the finish is softer to the touch. Rhino is cold cured and ends up very hard.

Personally I like line x but that's when it comes to truck beds. Putting furniture and stuff on a rhino bed usually meant that the furniture came out scratched. Line x is much gentler.

Don't know how that translates to good bumper coating. Line x was used in the trucks on my wife's dariy and so far they have held up good to all the abuse.

When I spray my tub it will be line x
Old 05-18-2010, 10:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would go line X. Have it in our Truck bed. Along with many other of my friends vehicles. In my opinion much better. And it doesnt seem to fade either.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Line-X for sure!
Old 05-19-2010, 03:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've used Rhino on several things in the past, and I had my tub rhino'd a few months ago. I went with it because it was cheaper, so I was able to have it sprayed thicker to provide more insulation. It made a significant difference in getting rid of some road noise.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:04 AM
JK Newbie

I just line-xed my Lod shorty tire carrier. I have not yet installed. I will try to post pictures soon with the install.

waiting to get the LoD rock crawker stinger so I can line X and install at same time

so far it looks great. I did get the extra? uv protection

Quick Reply: Rhino Line or Linex?