Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Review of the Currie Enterprises Anti-Rock Off Road Sway Bar System

Old 08-15-2008, 06:41 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Review of the Currie Enterprises Anti-Rock Off Road Sway Bar System

I bought the Currie Enterprises Anti-Rock Off Road Sway Bar System early this summer. It’s basically a torsion bar with splines on each end that mounts to the frame. Arms go onto the splines and then are linked onto the axles. For a much better explanation and pictures, check out Currie’s web site. They are designed for the stock bumpers which caused a bit of a problem for me. The rear is meant to be installed underneath the bumper brackets with the brackets then being reconnected to the bumper. I’m running a Rock Hard whose brackets are welded directly onto the bumper. Having to install the sway bar brackets over the top of the bumper brackets caused the arms and links to stick out a little farther. The arms also did not go all the way onto the torsion bar. The bar ended up being about 3/8 too short. I don’t know what Currie could have done to make that right, but it didn’t seem to affect the performance.

Now onto the performance: Since installing it I have driven some 1500 miles with about 400 of it being off road. On road it was very squirrelly. After a few miles of that I started working with my control arms. I lengthened my lowers by one turn and it really made a huge difference. I’ll probably lengthen them by one more turn when I have the time to also deal with the pinion angle. It still doesn’t handle like it’s stock on pavement, but it’s not bad. There is a bit of a rock to it, but I’ve taken it up to 85 and it’s handled fine.

I spend probably 50% of my on road time on dirt and gravel roads. That was the most pleasant surprise to me about this system. The instant you leave pavement, the JK grows claws. It rides like a car on blacktop. Cornering and tracking is incredible with these.

Off road these totally deliver as promise. The give great articulation and really keep all of the wheels on the ground.

After 1500 miles with these I would definitely do it again. They give me much control on dirt roads and trails without taking away too much of it on pavement. If I were a 99% on the blacktop driver, they wouldn’t be worth it. But with so much of my driving on gravel, dirt and off road, they are the bomb.

Cons: Price; Slightly sloppier handling on pavement; Not exactly designed for use with after market bumpers.

Pros: Also price -if you’re looking for an alternative to still having major articulation without having to find level ground and muck around in the mud to disconnect/connect, the system is cheaper (and more reliable) than the Rubi e-disco. Superior handling anywhere off pavement; Much more stability off road; The Jeep stays much more level as it goes through its articulations.

My suspension: 2” OME, 285 75 R17 BFG KM2’s, Currie adjustable control arms, FT adjustable trackbars, Spidertrax 1.5” spacers. Stock Moab 17” wheels and the CURRIE ENTERPRISES ANTI-ROCK OFF ROAD SWAY BAR SYSTEM.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:33 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice alternative.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:43 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As you can probably imagine it is next to impossible to design a product that will work with every possible combination of aftermarket bumpers available. the rear Antirock bracket was designed in a way that it can be modified if need to in order to work with aftermarket bumper. When installing the rear Antirock with aftermarket bumper it is recommended to trim/cut the lenght of the tube on the outside of the bracket to allow full spline engagement.

I'll make sure this info gets on the installation sheet if not already in place.

Quick Reply: Review of the Currie Enterprises Anti-Rock Off Road Sway Bar System