Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: Are reservoir shocks a waste of money?
Go reservoir they are great when offroading..
38.46%
Save your money gas shocks work better..
61.54%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

reservoir shocks - whats your input?

Old 07-23-2009, 12:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

:c lap:

Old 07-23-2009, 01:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

i looked at those things they are a pretty penny and for the amount i offroad the jeep (1-2 times monthly) i'll never get my moneys worth outa them or even be able to use them to their full potential. just to fill you guys in those are $680 a pair so what you see up there thats $1,360
Old 07-23-2009, 01:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nght&Day-jk
i looked at those things they are a pretty penny and for the amount i offroad the jeep (1-2 times monthly) i'll never get my moneys worth outa them or even be able to use them to their full potential. just to fill you guys in those are $680 a pair so what you see up there thats $1,360
I understand they are not cheap but worth each penny of it, my opinion. Now if you don't ride you Jeep as often this kind of shock may be not an absolute necessity.

But if you can jump as high these are just great.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:31 PM
Red
JK Enthusiast

I guess it all depends on how you use your JK and where you want to put your money. If you don't have bottomless pockets, everything is a bit of a compromise. If you wheel on the weekends, and aren't racing, investing the extra hard earned cash in a winch and saving a bit on the shocks is probably a better option, considering the monotubes work just fine. On the flip side, if you actually need the performance advantage of reservoir shocks, maybe you can save a few bucks elsewhere. Personally I like the reservoir shocks, but I don't have them, and doubt my JK will ever see them.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by argenis83
:c lap:

Do these just bolt in, front and rear? Or do they require anything extra so they fit? Ive never really looked into these, always just saw their coilovers.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike De
Do these just bolt in, front and rear? Or do they require anything extra so they fit? Ive never really looked into these, always just saw their coilovers.
Just bolt in, you even can do it without jacking up your Jeep

Quick Reply: reservoir shocks - whats your input?