Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Researching Wheels

Old 01-22-2012, 05:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Researching Wheels

So I came across what I thought would 100% be the wheel/tire combo I'd be going with (some recentered humvee wheels with either some treadwrights or humvee tires). I love the look of the bead locks, but besides looks, the reason I want that ring is to make it easier to repaint after trail damage. Only downside to that combo? heavy as hell. Plus my wife doesn't think the tires look cool enough. So now I'm on the search for some beadlocks. Or maybe even fake beadlocks (I love the level 8 zx's that DTD sells have a ring guard, so that's at the top of my list) I know the ATX and Spiderlocks are what everyone will recommend, but heres the thing. I'd like to keep the cost of 5 wheels under a grand. Anyone know if this is possible, or where to look? Thanks!
Old 01-22-2012, 06:28 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

have you looked at the walker evans street locks. they look just like the real thing but, aren't true bead locks and cost less.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
have you looked at the walker evans street locks. they look just like the real thing but, aren't true bead locks and cost less.
i saw them, I thought for whatever reason the non beadlocks and the beadlocks cost about the same, might have just been whatever site I was on though. Biggest issues I have with simulated beadlocks is sorting out which ones the rings come off and which ones don't. I want to be able to take off that ring to make repainting easier (and crazy I know, I would rather eat the initial cost of beadlocks just to make repainting easier!)
Old 01-22-2012, 06:44 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by sneck
i saw them, I thought for whatever reason the non beadlocks and the beadlocks cost about the same, might have just been whatever site I was on though. Biggest issues I have with simulated beadlocks is sorting out which ones the rings come off and which ones don't. I want to be able to take off that ring to make repainting easier (and crazy I know, I would rather eat the initial cost of beadlocks just to make repainting easier!)
the walkers come off and can be repainted.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:04 AM
JK Super Freak

good to know. happen to know offhand where to get some prices? a quick google search seems to only list morris 4x4
Old 01-22-2012, 12:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Rugged ridge have removable rings.

Quick Reply: Researching Wheels