Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Research complete - looking to buy soon????

Old 07-28-2013, 06:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Research complete - looking to buy soon????

Guys/Gals,

I've read soooooo many threads on lifts vs level, new wheels vs spacers, stock gears vs regear, etc etc etc - you get the idea..

I have realized I want to level my new to me 2011 Mojave. I won't ever want a full blown lift, bigger than stock tires or have a desire to regear.
Knowing all of this, I've looked at everything from spacer kits to the spring kits like EVO and such. My question is to those having a level kit with either the level springs or spacers.

Am I going to notice any difference spending the extra money for the new coils vs spacers? Don't mind spending the funds if it is worth it for someone not ever going any higher in lift or tires?
Almost all of the articles I have read seem that most run the spacers as a temp until they have the funds for a full blown lift. My gut is telling me to do the coils front and rear then customize with a small spacer if needed when I do add the bumpers and winch (probably will be a few months before I can do this)?
Please share your thoughts from those who have done or thinking about what I am looking to do? In your thoughts please give me your recommendation on what brand of level kit and why, should I keep my factory rubi shocks and any pictures of your leveled JKU on stock size tires.

Thanks so much!!!!
Old 07-28-2013, 06:32 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you going to wheel it? What are your plans? Having a rubi, no reason you couldn't run 33's or even 35's without regearing if you have the 4.10's.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:56 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by kh202
Are you going to wheel it? What are your plans? Having a rubi, no reason you couldn't run 33's or even 35's without regearing if you have the 4.10's.
Don't have a Rubi just the same shocks that come on a Rubi - it is the Mojave package. Will do some moderate trails and fire roads def not wheeled hard. Just looking for a level stance and retain factory ride or better if possible?

Thanks for your reply!!
Old 07-28-2013, 07:09 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by coontz74

Don't have a Rubi just the same shocks that come on a Rubi - it is the Mojave package. Will do some moderate trails and fire roads def not wheeled hard. Just looking for a level stance and retain factory ride or better if possible?

Thanks for your reply!!
Gotcha. I'd throw a Teraflex leveling kit on and upgrade shocks later down the road
Old 07-28-2013, 07:37 PM
JK Freak

Cool

Originally Posted by coontz74
Guys/Gals,

I've read soooooo many threads on lifts vs level, new wheels vs spacers, stock gears vs regear, etc etc etc - you get the idea..

I have realized I want to level my new to me 2011 Mojave. I won't ever want a full blown lift, bigger than stock tires or have a desire to regear.
Knowing all of this, I've looked at everything from spacer kits to the spring kits like EVO and such. My question is to those having a level kit with either the level springs or spacers.

Am I going to notice any difference spending the extra money for the new coils vs spacers? Don't mind spending the funds if it is worth it for someone not ever going any higher in lift or tires?
Almost all of the articles I have read seem that most run the spacers as a temp until they have the funds for a full blown lift. My gut is telling me to do the coils front and rear then customize with a small spacer if needed when I do add the bumpers and winch (probably will be a few months before I can do this)?
Please share your thoughts from those who have done or thinking about what I am looking to do? In your thoughts please give me your recommendation on what brand of level kit and why, should I keep my factory rubi shocks and any pictures of your leveled JKU on stock size tires.

Thanks so much!!!!
Personal opinion is the ride is better with new springs as compared to spacers which basically increase spring rate but without the addition travel you get from new springs.

You'll enjoy it which ever way you go
Old 07-28-2013, 07:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you're planning on a bumper and winch I'd definitely go with a spring lift. The extra weight will sag the stock springs and even with a spacer lift your ride quality will suffer. I'd look at the teraflex 1.5" performance leveling kit. Has 2" front springs and 1" rear, will give you a little more ride height and after your bumper/winch decide if you need a small spacer to level it out.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:11 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ScottW
If you're planning on a bumper and winch I'd definitely go with a spring lift. The extra weight will sag the stock springs and even with a spacer lift your ride quality will suffer. I'd look at the teraflex 1.5" performance leveling kit. Has 2" front springs and 1" rear, will give you a little more ride height and after your bumper/winch decide if you need a small spacer to level it out.
I'll def look into the teraflex coil level kit. I really think this is the way I'm going for just the reasons you mentioned here. Thanks to all for the replies - if anyone else has anything to add please do so!!!

Quick Reply: Research complete - looking to buy soon????