Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Request: Help Identifying this Bumper

Old 02-01-2023, 10:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Request: Help Identifying this Bumper

Would anyone be able to help identify this front stubby bumper? At first I thought it was a Rugged Ridge 11540.10 Winch Mount Modular XHD Front Bumper. What I do know, is it is an Off Camber Fabrications (OCF) front bumper; based on the OCF logo you see on the lower part of the bumper. Now, after some more research, I believe it may be a Off Camber Fabrication by MBRP Stubby Front Bumper.

The reason behind this quest for information is I would like to se if there are any stinger options to addon to it.

If anyone could verify this it would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Old 02-01-2023, 12:21 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,701 Posts

They used to have one, but looks like it's no longer produced. Not even sure that OCF is still around or not as part of MBRP. You might be lucky to still find one on a shelf somewhere. Most places show unavailable. Check out this place and that part number. No clue if they really have one or not -

https://www.southerncarparts.com/mbr...Imm7HUHXfXmb6I

Best bet might be to reach out to MBRP.

Last edited by resharp001; 02-01-2023 at 12:23 PM.
Old 02-01-2023, 12:43 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by resharp001
They used to have one, but looks like it's no longer produced. Not even sure that OCF is still around or not as part of MBRP. You might be lucky to still find one on a shelf somewhere. Most places show unavailable. Check out this place and that part number. No clue if they really have one or not -

https://www.southerncarparts.com/mbr...Imm7HUHXfXmb6I

Best bet might be to reach out to MBRP.
Yes, that is the only place that appears to have stock, nothing on eBay either. I need to contact them first though. Last year when I attempted to get tires I had countless companies sell me tires only to tell me a week later they couldn't get them...but "we have these more expensive tires in stock now!". Maybe I should just get a new front bumper...or modify one I can get.

The only other thing I found was this Fishbone Offroad Barracuda Modular Bumper Stinger Bar. If you look close it has the slant back between the top and bottom anchor points. It looks really close to the OCF bumper, just not to sure of the measurements of the mounting pad in the front... What do you think?

Thank you for the reply.
Old 02-02-2023, 03:55 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,701 Posts

Are you wanting a stinger for looks, or for the actual function? As with any bolt-on stuff....it is "bolt-on". My personal opinion would be instead of sinking money into tweaking what some previous owner wanted, buy the front bumper you would prefer and sell that one to someone else as/is. A front bumper really defines the appearance of your jeep. You're going to be looking at it a lot so it's one of those things that is nice to be satisfied with rather than just something you settled for. It might cost a little more to go that route but if you own the jeep for several years, worth it.
Old 02-02-2023, 05:42 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by resharp001
Are you wanting a stinger for looks, or for the actual function? As with any bolt-on stuff....it is "bolt-on". My personal opinion would be instead of sinking money into tweaking what some previous owner wanted, buy the front bumper you would prefer and sell that one to someone else as/is. A front bumper really defines the appearance of your jeep. You're going to be looking at it a lot so it's one of those things that is nice to be satisfied with rather than just something you settled for. It might cost a little more to go that route but if you own the jeep for several years, worth it.
No, I am utilitarian, looks are a far second in my book. I am new to jeepin' world, I have been mudding/trial riding off-roading in Northern MN most of my life. Just recently in AZ.

But more to the question, I recently ran Crapshoot hill in AZ with another jeep, https://www.onxmaps.com/offroad/trai...zona/crapshoot,
. Fun trail if anyone is interested. On the trail at the bottom of a couple of the steepest hills (28 degree according to the Garmin) we found a hard top and a rolled jeep. That and my buddy almost lost his when the back wheels came off the ground momentarily. So, this is peer function. Considering what you said about bolt on...I will just get a new bumper.

Thank you
Old 02-02-2023, 05:47 AM
JK Newbie

Too add, and not to offend anyone. If appearance comes first for you and you off-road like this you could be endangering yourself and others. You may not be prepared or equipment not suited for the task. Function first, looks second. But hell...when you are off-roading expect some bruises to your vehicle anyways

Quick Reply: Request: Help Identifying this Bumper