Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Is replacing my Teraflex BB (spacers only) with Springs worth the effort?

Old 03-11-2013, 08:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is replacing my Teraflex BB (spacers only) with Springs worth the effort?

Anyone do this and is it worth it?
And if so what are the best DD springs?
Old 03-11-2013, 08:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

I upgraded to 3" BDS springs front and rear, and Teraflex 3-4" shocks. And kept all the little goodies from the BB. Just have to do something with your front brake lines. And exhaust spacers if 2012+. But I run Teraflex disconnects as well.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1561161273.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	432569   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-550771019.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	432570  
Old 03-11-2013, 09:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd say yes, especially if you're adding more weight to your rig by way of bumpers, winch, armor, etc.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Subscribed. Running 19/60 springs with a TF Lvl Kit and want to upgrade to a BB when I bolt on my winch.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Springs are always going to be the better option.

Why? More travel due to longer springs and numerous different spring rates to choose from to tune the ride to your liking.

Spacers are good to regain some height lost due to add ons but don't possess the performance gains of springs.

All just my personal opinion and preference of coarse. Good luck!
Old 03-11-2013, 10:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

I say go for it. I'm going to be doing the same thing in the next couple weeks. Jsut can't decide on what springs to go with.

Thinking about going with the RK 2.5" since they have a progressive front and will probably net around 3" or so...
Old 03-11-2013, 11:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm doing the same thing. I got 2in pucks in right now and I'm adding all the other goodies. Adj track bar, longer swaybar end links, brake lines, and adj control arms one by one. Then I'm just gonna swap bigger springs in.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes and no. It really depends on your intended use of the vehicle. We ran spacers for around 9 months and took it all over the US and BC 4x4ing and never had any problems. The ride on the Rubi shocks and stock coils was stiffer though compared to the Rancho 4" lift we ended up installing.

But if you're just going to a 2" coil it may not really be worth the hassle if you already have a 2" spacer. If going 3-4" lift then sure go for it, but honestly if my fiancee never wanted her Jeep to be 4"+ in height we would've just keep the spacer kit on and called it a day. The performance you get from coils really depends on how you use the Jeep. Lots of people here don't use their Jeep in ways that maximize the performance of the coils compared to use a budget boost.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

So I got a question. Has anyone put budget boost spacers on top of a 3" to 4" lift? I know it would make it huge but just wondering if that was even possible. Again, just asking! Don't everybody go freaking out. Lol
Old 03-12-2013, 09:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Scallywag
So I got a question. Has anyone put budget boost spacers on top of a 3" to 4" lift? I know it would make it huge but just wondering if that was even possible. Again, just asking! Don't everybody go freaking out. Lol

I'm not going to do what everybody things I'm going to do and, flip out man!!! Haha.

I'm sure they have.

After a lift install some people will add spacers to compensate for and regain lift height for added weight such as bumpers, winches and other heavy ad ons that may lower the ride height.

Quick Reply: Is replacing my Teraflex BB (spacers only) with Springs worth the effort?