Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Replacing 4 Mud Tires sucks!!

Old 12-09-2015, 06:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Some one else on the forum gave me the info originally, I'm just helping spread it along. That's what the forum is supposed to be all about.

Happy Jeeping!

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 12-15-2015, 07:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Buying tires in general sucks. A month before I tow my jeep up from Texas to Washington state behind my superduty I get a flat on one of my Dunlop Rovers. I go in to Discount tire expecting to replace my worn front tires, one of which had the flat. Turns out they are discontinued.

So I bought 4 brand new BFG KO2's with full warranty for $900, I figure they will be better suited to Washington anyways...
Old 12-15-2015, 03:52 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TweakJK
Buying tires in general sucks. A month before I tow my jeep up from Texas to Washington state behind my superduty I get a flat on one of my Dunlop Rovers. I go in to Discount tire expecting to replace my worn front tires, one of which had the flat. Turns out they are discontinued.

So I bought 4 brand new BFG KO2's with full warranty for $900, I figure they will be better suited to Washington anyways...
Nice I'm looking at those. You like so far? I talked to a guy the other day that had the Nitto Trails and was not happy and said he got about 25,000 out of them.
Old 12-16-2015, 01:07 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I am running the original KOs, They are AWESOME. Last forever and give a compliant smooth ride. The only thing I find is the back of my rig is a bit "mushy" with them and they follow ruts like nobodys business because of the square edge!
Old 12-16-2015, 06:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a set of BFG KO's in a Jeep Liberty that went a little over 100k miles, bought them brand new and took them off 6 years later, and not because they were bald, but because they started showing horrible weather cracks, keep my mind this little truck saw very little offroad action, but 6 winters in Ohio/Michigan hwys, so it's possible, at least for AT tires to see really high mileages.
I don't know about MT tires thought as i never had a set that lasted longer than 50k miles, but i've never had MT tires dedicated to onroad duties only, so who knows.
I have KO's in my Silverado Crew Cab 4x2 with around 30k miles, and still looking pretty good, though i don't know at this point if i'll be to get 100k miles out of them in this application given the weight of the truck, i also have the KO2's in the Jeep, with barely 15k miles in them, but this ones see dirt/rocks and what not almost every weekend, so i doubt they'll live to see 100k miles, so far they're still looking good, almost like new, i do a combination with them of DD duties doing 130 miles daily Mon-Fri, and then dirt roads mostly Sat or Sundays, the set of tires i had in my other rig with 20k miles (Destination MT's) started showing signs of abuse at 20k miles, but again, Destination MT's do chunk a little faster than GY MTR's for example, the KO2's are showing less signs of abuse in the surface of the tire compared to previous MT tires, but the comparison wouldn't be apples to apples as MT compound/thread is different from the ones found in AT tires.

Quick Reply: Replacing 4 Mud Tires sucks!!