Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Replacement steering stabilizer

Old 11-23-2012, 03:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fan45acp

dojohnso, The standard shocks with the Zone lift that I installed,were wore completly out by 12k miles. I'm thinking because of the weight of the tire/wheel @ 96lbs/ea. Now that you mention the frontend was "floating" at hiway speeds. I just installed the Bilsteins (5160) and the ride improved 100%. The 3" Zone lift is a "starter lift". The Just empty every pocket saying is really starting to get revved up. I'm probably going to change to a Treaflex setup with all the adjustable
flexarms. Sure thanks for your help along this journey... J.H.
Yeah, I'm a Bilstein fan. I ran those on the TJ I built, and I bought them for my JK. They provide a good stable ride.

If money is tight right now, u really only need the front adj lowers and rear adj uppers . That's what I did, and will buy the rest of the flex arms later.

Cost can really get out of control when doing a lift. So many guys buy the BB or coil lifts and don't address the caster and rear pinion angles, and then wonder why the jeep rides crappy. The coil lift and BB isn't bad, it's just that there are other things that need to be corrected at the same time in order to do it right.

Good luck with your build

Quick Reply: Replacement steering stabilizer