Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Removing spider tran and loc-tite

Old 07-20-2012, 03:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing spider tran and loc-tite

Im removing my spidertrax spacers this weekend to install my new tires/wheels. Any issues or tips I need to get the lock tite off the factory studs/lugs after removing the spacers?
Old 07-20-2012, 03:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just knock the heavy residue off the studs before you put the lug nuts on.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisd0729
Im removing my spidertrax spacers this weekend to install my new tires/wheels. Any issues or tips I need to get the lock tite off the factory studs/lugs after removing the spacers?
Use a wire brush on the the studs. This will clear the loctite.

You can also burn it off with cutting torch but you have to hit the oxy before you move near the studs, this keeps it from developing preheat that would allow you to cut metal, and be sure keep in cut mode until you have completely moved away from the stud. You will be using the outer fringe of the flame to burn off the loctite while in cut mode. You are not trying to heat up the stud so you don't stay in one place long. If you have not done this before I recommend mocking up a bolt and nut assembly with loctite. Let it cure, then remove the nut and put the bolt in a vise to hold it while you try this method. Then you can decide it is for you.

Quick Reply: Removing spider tran and loc-tite