Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Removing hard top torx bolts clips?

Old 11-30-2011, 04:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing hard top torx bolts clips?

Help! I have dual tops. Had hard top off for summer and was using soft top, which I just removed completely. Bought a Lange quick clip set and trying to put hard top back on for the winter. Instructions vague. Says to remove the torx bolts clips so that the Lange clamps can be put there. I think they mean the pieces mounted underneath that slide from side to side and into which the torx bolts would be screwed. Cannot figure out how to remove them. They slide a little back and forth but there does not seem to be an easy way to get them out. There are also little plastic clips sticking out on the under side. Anybody know the trick?
Old 11-30-2011, 06:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Navyvetnorwich91
Help! I have dual tops. Had hard top off for summer and was using soft top, which I just removed completely. Bought a Lange quick clip set and trying to put hard top back on for the winter. Instructions vague. Says to remove the torx bolts clips so that the Lange clamps can be put there. I think they mean the pieces mounted underneath that slide from side to side and into which the torx bolts would be screwed. Cannot figure out how to remove them. They slide a little back and forth but there does not seem to be an easy way to get them out. There are also little plastic clips sticking out on the under side. Anybody know the trick?
Anyone? Buehler? Sort of stuck roofless...
Old 11-30-2011, 06:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I took mine off last week, the rear ones aren't too hard to get off, they will slide through the hole in the tub, the other 4 will make you think they are gonna break but mine came off in one piece.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Thanks for the tips. The back ones just popped right out. The other ones are f'n hard to do. Working on it now.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Holy shit it worked!!! All removed. Thank you guys SO much for your help. That's what I love about this forum. It's like you have 3000 friends with Jeeps who know more than you do and are willing to help out. You're the best!
Old 11-30-2011, 06:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

They are a pain n d azz
Old 12-04-2011, 02:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by planman
It is easier if you pull the carpet away from the tub rails.

The back ends at the corners will slide right out because of the opening in the lip.

With the others, you can slide them either forward or back, but you typically need a screw driver or plastic knife to unwrap the edge from the rail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Meant to thank you Planman. That was a very helpful tip and I was able to get them out in short order. Just sent you PM about tires. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Removing hard top torx bolts clips?