Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Removing Front Bumper Bolts

Old 01-05-2011, 08:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just sat down after installing my XHD front bumper. WD-40 and a cheater bar, 18 mm deep was all it took me... Looks great!
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo[1].jpg
Views:	160
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	115538

Last edited by Orangeav; 01-06-2011 at 04:35 AM.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:10 PM
JK Newbie

PB blaster and breaker bars should rank up there with the wonders of the world... helped me remove shackles on mooring anchors after sitting under saltwater for 8 months with a 1/4 rust covering... would most definitely work on the Jeep
Old 01-06-2011, 04:50 AM
JK Freak

I use Aerokroil....the creep'n oil. We use it on aircraft. For a cheater bar I use my Hi-Lift handle sometimes. Beer helps me focus too!
Old 01-06-2011, 05:05 AM
JK Freak

If you have a Rubicon , the passenger side inner bolts will be harder as the swaybar disconnect is in your way. I had to use a universal joint socket to get the right angle.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:29 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jeep2007
I use Aerokroil....the creep'n oil. We use it on aircraft. For a cheater bar I use my Hi-Lift handle sometimes. Beer helps me focus too!
+1 on the AeroKroil. Mine is actually starting to creep out the seams of the metal can at the bottom. The stuff is crazy good. If something won't come loose, drop some Kroil on it and drink a beer. By the time the beer is gone, the Kroil will have done it's magic.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

A breaker bar and an 18mm deep socket and they came off so easy! Thank you to all for your help! XHD Front Bumper is on and it looks GREAT! Now just gotta figure out how the front license plate is going to go on (it's the light mount XHD)... I'm THINKING 3M automotive tape will do the trick...
Old 01-06-2011, 11:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by gifford888
A breaker bar and an 18mm deep socket and they came off so easy! Thank you to all for your help! XHD Front Bumper is on and it looks GREAT! Now just gotta figure out how the front license plate is going to go on (it's the light mount XHD)... I'm THINKING 3M automotive tape will do the trick...
I stopped at autozone and grabbed a pack of plastic plate fasteners. I plan on drilling a couple holes, snapping the square plate fasteners in and screwing in the plate. I don't really see another way that I will work at this point. No sure about the tape idea, but it might work.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Orangeav
I stopped at autozone and grabbed a pack of plastic plate fasteners. I plan on drilling a couple holes, snapping the square plate fasteners in and screwing in the plate. I don't really see another way that I will work at this point. No sure about the tape idea, but it might work.
Bumper is sweeeet looks great For the license plate....Move to Indiana and then you dont have to worry about it
Old 01-06-2011, 12:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by h1ker
Bumper is sweeeet looks great For the license plate....Move to Indiana and then you dont have to worry about it
X2 on Indiana. They always pull you over from behind anyway!!
Old 01-06-2011, 12:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by h1ker
Lol...thanks! I think I'll drill first and keep the moving option as a back-up plan!

Quick Reply: Removing Front Bumper Bolts