Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Removable (Quick Disconnect) Rifle/Shotgun rack for JKU?

Old 01-10-2014, 06:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removable (Quick Disconnect) Rifle/Shotgun rack for JKU?

Hey guys,
I work in Law Enforcement. I usually keep my AR and my shotgun in a huge pelican case, but it's a bitch to get in and out of the back of my JKU due to the length. I basically have to finagle it in and out of the rear sport bar every time I decide to take the Jeep for range days.

I was curious if anyone knew of a removable/quick disconnect style of rifle rack for a JKU? Looking for one that I don't have to drill or screw into anything. One that fits by tension or a clamp, so that I can remove it when I don't need it.

Thanks!

-Chris
Old 01-10-2014, 06:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Check this one out.....very simple and easily removed/installed.
http://overheadgunrack.com
Old 01-10-2014, 06:16 PM
JK Newbie

Sorry to say, I don't know of anything that specifically meets your needs. A couple products that seem almost similar, but not quite there. I know a company specialized in weapons mounting solutions for police and military that has some neat products for JKs, but their products are all bolt-in. Similar products as you can see in some police cruisers, a vertical rack that can hold longarms with the barrel up or down. And the infamous door-hinge mount, too. They are also pretty expensive. Maybe someone has either found something that I haven't, or has fabbed something up themselves! Other than that, all I can think of are universal seat-back solutions.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think awhile back, somewhere, I saw a rack that was extendable, with some U shaped brackets on the ends that basically just held the rack onto the sport back and tightened up. I cannot, for the life of me remember where I saw this. If anyone knows what I'm talking about and can help, that would be great!
Old 01-10-2014, 06:29 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default try cabelas

check in the 4 wheeler suv utv sections they might have somthing for a 4 wheeler that will work

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Auto-...3Bcat104194980

Last edited by jeepmojo; 01-10-2014 at 06:33 PM.
Old 02-22-2014, 11:14 PM
JK Newbie

Saw this at Cabela's. Anyone tried this yet?

Great Day Jeep Gun Rack : Cabela's
Old 02-23-2014, 08:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for posting this....looks pretty good. Even looks like you can mount it either in front of or behind the sound bar.
Old 02-23-2014, 05:31 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bfschor
Thanks for posting this....looks pretty good. Even looks like you can mount it either in front of or behind the sound bar.
I think I'll try it this season. It was very frustrating without a rack last year!
Old 03-01-2014, 06:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey! That's the exact one I was thinking of. I thought I remember seeing it somewhere, obviously in a Cabela's catalog while sitting on the throne! Thanks!
Old 03-01-2014, 10:47 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by cctroupe11
Hey! That's the exact one I was thinking of. I thought I remember seeing it somewhere, obviously in a Cabela's catalog while sitting on the throne! Thanks!
Just got it in the mail. Looks like you can mount it anywhere along the rails, front or back. Can't wait to try it out!

Quick Reply: Removable (Quick Disconnect) Rifle/Shotgun rack for JKU?