Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Remanufactured engine with Sprintex Supercharger

Old 04-23-2014, 03:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remanufactured engine with Sprintex Supercharger

I just got my jeep back and had a remanufactured engine put in and a sprintex supercharger bolted on. How long should I wait to really start pushing this thing?
Old 04-23-2014, 04:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would say go lite until the break-in period. Most remanufactures will tell you what the procedure is. My last engine was light driving for 500 miles then change the oil. The builder said after that let it rip. You see a lot of engine builders do a 20-30 minute brake-in the strap it to the dyno for some high rpm pulls. A dyno however isn't your jeep, so I wouldn't want to blow a motor going into traffic then get run over.
Old 04-23-2014, 04:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

lol I hear ya. Yeah I'm closing in on 500 miles now. I just haven't really hit it hard yet and am dying to!
Old 04-25-2014, 08:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah I bet I just got a new rear ring and pinion after my old one decided to stop working. It's killing me to drive around like a granny while it wears in.

Quick Reply: Remanufactured engine with Sprintex Supercharger