Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Relocating the rear seat

Old 08-06-2010, 12:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Relocating the rear seat

Hey all

I wanted to bounce an idea I had around. See what kinda of opinion everyone has.

I was wondering what the cons would be of relocating the rear seat of my two door back anywhere from 4 to 8 inches. Not really concerned with the fab work... that is the easy part.

I am more concerned about safety. Some things I was thinking about:

Seat belts: They are located pretty far behind the seat already. I know moving the seat would effect the way the seat belts were designed to work. What are you thoughts?

Roll cage: Head of passengers in line or behind the roll cage. Thoughts?

Any opinions are welcomed. Thanks!
Old 08-06-2010, 04:16 PM
JK Newbie

Why were you thinking about doing this? just for more leg room?
Old 08-06-2010, 04:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Relocating the rear seat

I did this on my tj and haven't had a chance to see what it would take to do it on the jk. It makes more since on the jk and the seatbelts are further back than the tj and the connectors are attached to the seat so that part is easier at least. Pm me if you do it with pics!!!!
Old 08-06-2010, 05:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

i would like to see these to but on the 4 door
Old 08-07-2010, 10:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well, I'm doing this for a couple reasons. I am designing a security box with a sub box built into the structure. The subs would go behind the seat. This is where more leg room would come in. I am designing the security box to be taken apart but leave the sub box. That way the seats can go in and leave the box. Its kind of hard to explain. I think I may just do it. I will start a thread with my build when I do

Quick Reply: Relocating the rear seat