Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Relocate and rockhard?

Old 01-20-2009, 03:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Relocate and rockhard?

I currently have the rockhard evap canister skid but am still thinking about relocating it. If I relocated I would still like to use the skid, probably not necessary but just a little piece of mind. Anyone know if they can be used in conjunction with each other?
Old 01-20-2009, 04:09 PM
JK Super Freak

I along with many others are very happy with the Woods Relocation kit! Didn't take long and it is out of the way for good! If you relocate you won't need the skid.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

N00b question: Is this something that your basic level 1 and 2 trails could damage?? Or is this like if you have a disaster on some level 5 and you don't want to destroy it when you land?
Old 01-20-2009, 04:39 PM
JK Super Freak

I damaged mine on a 3-4 level obstacle, all about the wrong angle with a big rock. I was able to make a trail repair and move on.

Lift or no lift, you will always push the clearence situation. Bigger tires and lift you will attempt bigger obstacles, smaller lift and tires will always put the evap in a potential danger area!
Old 01-20-2009, 04:48 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by GraceMWJT
I currently have the rockhard evap canister skid but am still thinking about relocating it. If I relocated I would still like to use the skid, probably not necessary but just a little piece of mind. Anyone know if they can be used in conjunction with each other?
The only problem with that is there really isn't a place to bolt the skid under there without modifying the brackets, you mount the canister to the floor. Then the clearance over the pumpkin would be the other problem, although you should be fine being lifted. You should look at mine or wiredawgs some time.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

As many have said before
RELOCATE w/ Woods kit
Old 01-20-2009, 05:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

i say if you have the skid already then leave it. If you had not spent the money on the plate then id say save your money and relocate it. but if the armor is already there then dont waorry about it your good to go. Basicly it boils down to how much money you want to spend and how lazy you are. If you reloacte it you save 60 bucks and takes from waht i hear 20 minutes to relocate. If your not worried about money and are super lazy sppendthe 100 bucks on the skid and take 5 minutes to install it. Me? im lazy
Old 01-20-2009, 05:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

I already have the Rockhard skid (lazy) but the reason I ask is that I have seen on several occasions of a stick/log getting wedged/lodged between the axle and things on other jeeps. It has never happened to me but? paranoid?
Old 01-20-2009, 05:56 PM
JK Freak

when you get your welder back or whoevers welder, maybe it could be something to attempt.

Last edited by mikesjk; 01-20-2009 at 06:08 PM.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:58 PM
JK Freak

If u relocate it, the skid isn't necessary.

Just my $.02

Quick Reply: Relocate and rockhard?