Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Regearing and Gas Mileage change?

Old 01-08-2011, 09:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joshzilla
My 35"x12.50" 15 MTR's measure 34 and a light 1/4" at 28 psi
Ya, my 34" tires are probably 33"+ too. I'm thinking about upgrading my jeep to the 2012 model when it is out and this time I think i'm going to put 4.88s in. One thing I am concerned about is that I tow a 3500lb boat so I turn off overdrive. If I am driving on the highway in 3rd all the time I don't want my rpm to be too high.

I just tested my gas mileage out today for the first time in three years. The onboard computer said 18.3mpg but my calculations show 15.9mpg. That's on the highway and in town a bit. oh ya, my tuner is set in tow mode and I use 91 octane if that matters.

edit: oh and I am taking it to Northridge4x4 to get the work done. I'm tired of the crappy installers we have around here.

Last edited by troyboy; 01-08-2011 at 09:34 PM.

Quick Reply: Regearing and Gas Mileage change?