Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Regearing?!?!?!?!?

Old 11-28-2012, 06:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Regear, I had the 3.2#'s in stock form and went to 37" rode it for a month, had to almost burn the clutch to start on a hill and 6th gear was useless. regeared to 5.13's and used the AEV procal to reset the speedo. It allows you to measure your tire size to the nearest 1/4" and set your gear ratio so the computer can match your speedo. run 2800 rpm at 65-70mph and getting 16-17 mpg. 4 wheel low will idle up almost any pitch

also if your mechanically inclined you can change your own gears, shops were quoting $1200 per axle plus parts, I spent $400 in parts and $300 in tools and a lot of useful knowledge for future axle work.

Last edited by drnedatsnov; 11-28-2012 at 06:05 AM.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info everyone! I knew the gear ratio was low for what i wanted and the research and the performance would suffer but thought I missed something big if all it took was a box. Thanks for clearing that up. Lol. Can't believe that dude told me that...

Quick Reply: Regearing?!?!?!?!?