Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

regear suggestions

Old 04-20-2011, 06:39 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default regear suggestions

Hi there,

I have an 07 X with 3.21, and 33 inch tires. I've decided to go ahead with a regear

I'd like to have 4.56's installed along with an ARB in the back. The quotes I've received thus far are around $2500,

So I was wondering if this is reasonable, or if I can get a better price somewhere. How about shop recomendations. I'd prefer in the springs, because I live here, but I'd be open to shops in Denver or Pueblo if the price is right.

thanks for the help,
Old 04-20-2011, 06:47 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
sounds about right. I would expect a full bearing and seal kit with that as well. Does that include the air lines and compressor?
You know I don't know, knowing my luck probably not!
Old 04-20-2011, 07:37 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jakwi
Hi there,

I have an 07 X with 3.21, and 33 inch tires. I've decided to go ahead with a regear

I'd like to have 4.56's installed along with an ARB in the back. The quotes I've received thus far are around $2500,

So I was wondering if this is reasonable, or if I can get a better price somewhere. How about shop recomendations. I'd prefer in the springs, because I live here, but I'd be open to shops in Denver or Pueblo if the price is right.

thanks for the help,

The price seem a bit high, but not crazy. If you every think about going to 35's, you might as well get 4.88's, you will be happier with them, and they are easier to come by. I ran 33's with 4.88s for a year, and it was not to terrible on the highway with RPMS.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:37 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Torrin
The price seem a bit high, but not crazy. If you every think about going to 35's, you might as well get 4.88's, you will be happier with them, and they are easier to come by. I ran 33's with 4.88s for a year, and it was not to terrible on the highway with RPMS.
You know I thought about 4.88's but I'm afraid that'd put my highway rpms to high. I drive 95 miles a day so keeping the RPM's below 3k is important. 4.56's should put my 75mph rpms at 2800 or so with 35's, so that seems about right.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:24 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

That price sounds about right for the Springs. Which shops are you looking at?

For the compressor, check out the kit that northridge put together. It comes with the bigger compressor, inflation kit, bracket, etc.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:37 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Springs? Did I miss something or was a post deleted?
The OP's location shows Colorado Springs, and he is asking about Denver and Pueblo also. So that pretty much narrows down his location.

Ahhh, you were thinking that I was talking about the coils?

Last edited by nthinuf; 04-20-2011 at 11:40 AM.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:23 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nthinuf
That price sounds about right for the Springs. Which shops are you looking at?

For the compressor, check out the kit that northridge put together. It comes with the bigger compressor, inflation kit, bracket, etc.
Well I checked with Predator, and 4wparts, but I don't know if they were including the compressor or not. I also called the Diff shop, and he wants $3300, but he said that was the whole deal including tax. I need to call the other shops back to clarify the prices, and what they include.

oh is this the bigger compressor kit you were refering to?
http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...rod=ARB-CKMA12
Old 04-20-2011, 03:24 PM
JK Newbie

Springs? Did I miss something or was a post deleted?
hahaha yeah Colorado Springs, or the Springs for short. Although a lift will probably be the next mod, but the regear has to come first.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:26 PM
JK Newbie

I really wish I could get ahold of a D44 for the front, but they seem few and far between and expensive when you find them. I was hoping to keep the whole mod under $3k, of course the less I spend the better.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:36 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

This one:
http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...JK-AIR-PACKAGE

The one you listed is just the compressor.

And check this one also. Don't know if the code will still work, but worth a shot
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...t-it-we-got-it!

Last edited by nthinuf; 04-20-2011 at 04:59 PM.

Quick Reply: regear suggestions