Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Regear Speedo Correction

Old 11-21-2011, 03:33 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Regear Speedo Correction

I am planning on regearing my axles. The stock 321s just don't cut it I have some low milage 373 take offs that I am installing. It seems to me that regearing the differentials should not effect the speedometer calibration as long as I don't change tire size? I believe the JK uses the wheel speed sensors to determine MPH etc. Has anyone done this that could verify my hypothesis?

I am running a 6sd manual and 245/75/16 Hankook ATM tires (that I am real happy with )that the speedometer has already been calibrated for by the dealer.

I'm also planning on putting Detroit True Tracs, front and rear.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

NO help about your question, but good luck with your new gears. Are you going to install them yourself?
Old 11-21-2011, 03:55 AM
JK Newbie

On the same note: If I use a Spicer Dana front Carrier 373 and ^ up, will I have use different spiders as I have been told by some people? Money is a bit tight right now with the economy the way it is The traction control actually does work, though it is a bit choppy I had it going yesterday. But in actuality I don't normally do any serious rock crawling to speak of! I just want some better power to get the doggie dog and I out to the desert to explore

My appology if there is already a thread on this, I couldn't find it? I did find the gearing thread with the A++ write up
Old 11-21-2011, 04:03 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ER NURSE 407
NO help about your question, but good luck with your new gears. Are you going to install them yourself?
Yes, I actually have rebuilt many differentials, mainly taxi cab rearends. Taxi Cab Drivers are professionals at tearing things up! I just keep getting conflicting information on which parts I actually need? Seems that the JK is a bit of a strange animal with out of the ordinary differential setups? Or someone is lieing to me as they don't really know them selves?

Quick Reply: Regear Speedo Correction