Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Regear

Old 02-02-2010, 05:41 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How full is your toolbox? You'll need a fair amount of specialty tools to do it right. Various pullers, a large bearing splitter, a press, torque wrenches, in-lb and ft-lb, brass punches, a dead blow hammer, micrometer or calipers, a dial indicator with magnetic base, pry bars, bearing drivers, a slide hammer (maybe, to remove rear axles. some rear axles come right out, mine had to be banged on . . . hard), 35mm socket, air impact, special flange holder for front pinion yoke, and if you're wallet is still able, a case spreader.

If it's your first time, figure one full day per axle.

I used to scoff at some of the quotes for regears, but not no mo. It's a big job and invariably, something's gonna go wrong. For me, I bent a locker sensor in the rear axle. It time consuming and alot of work but I love turning wrenches.

Quick Reply: Regear