Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Refinishing bumpers

Old 04-03-2014, 04:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Refinishing bumpers

Looking to buy used front and rear bumpers from a buddy of mine. The bumpers could use a little freshening up. First thought was re-powdercoat them but when I got quotes back, well I might as well buy new bumpers. Next I got quoted for Line-X.....same deal, almost $1000. Im considering lining myself but I really im not a huge fan of that chunky textured finish at least not on the bunpers. Anybody have any suggestions as to a good smooth liner I could use that holds up nicely and is UV resistant. Doing a search of this forum I see that there are tons of products out there with equal good/bad reviews. Also would love to see some pics of others who have redone their bumpers.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would just spray them with Rustoleum Semi gloss or satin black and call it a day. $10 for 2 cans. Or cover them in mud.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Quick Reply: Refinishing bumpers