Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Reduce wind noise?

Old 08-29-2011, 07:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reduce wind noise?

Does anyone have this or know if it works? I am sick of people complaining they can't hear me when I am on my phone (its no the phone I have had a few diff ones)
Click image for larger version

Name:	101025-lg.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	204142

I thought for $39.99 it is worth a shot..

Thoughts?
Old 08-29-2011, 07:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah I do that a lot already .. Its so much better now that I have full doors though.. Just want it a little better..
Old 08-30-2011, 06:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Who makes it and where did you purchase it?
After installing about a mile of foam weather stripping between the top and windshield and still have wind noise I need
to try something different.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

http://www.quadratec.com/products/11162_1000_07.htm

This is where I seen it.. I am going to order it today..
Old 08-30-2011, 07:27 AM
JK Newbie

Do not get it..I've tried it out and it makes it even worst.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:31 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Nothing but putting top back on will help. I hate talking on the phone while driving the jeep anyways
Old 08-31-2011, 05:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Not my cup of tea, just ugly IMOP SORRY
Old 09-01-2011, 08:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ECHO
Not to sound like an A$$, but; you shouldn't be on the phone or texting when your driving anyways
You are right. But some support jobs (like computers) require taking phone calls anytime, often people do not know I am not at work. I would never text though (can't hardly type on the thing while not driving), and I pull off the road or keep the call short if in town or on highway. Usually just tell them I will call them back.

At 60 or below, if only the freedom tops are off, people seem to hear my Blackberry okay (they might say "whats that noise?"). Although I rarely call out while driving, I can even place a call using the voice function (I dont like to dial while driving) if I have to.

Let us know how that gizmo works out for you OP.

Be safe.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:46 AM
JK Freak

Buy a good blutooth headset with wind noise reduction. Keeps the hands free, is less of a distraction, and makes you look important. I have a fairly good one from Best Buy and my wife can hear me just fine with the top down and the doors off on the freeway.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ECHO
Not to sound like an A$$, but; you shouldn't be on the phone or texting when your driving anyways

I am not on the phone all that much driving but when I do get on it I want to be able to use it.
I often drive to my dads (lives about 3 hours away) and also work on computers on the side so will take a call here and there on the way into work to help someone out.

Originally Posted by duluthjk
Buy a good blutooth headset with wind noise reduction. Keeps the hands free, is less of a distraction, and makes you look important. I have a fairly good one from Best Buy and my wife can hear me just fine with the top down and the doors off on the freeway.

I have tried most of the high end ones that Verizon Wireless sells (I work there) and people still complain. I am gonna just set it on there at first not sure I am gonna like the looks of it.

Quick Reply: Reduce wind noise?