Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Redneck ram assist install with Ruff Stuff DIY Tie Rod questions.

Old 04-15-2016, 07:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

He doesn't have a modern CNC shop, just a home shop in his building behind the house. So while we can make a lot of things if we need/want to, the process is tedious. But he is working on the drawing for you so your shop can do it at work. Assuming that they have larger and more modern equipment, this would be a significantly quicker task for them.
Old 04-15-2016, 07:30 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If there is some amount of demand for 1.5" clamps, we can price out a run of them next week. It is one of those things where they need to be run in larger numbers to spread the setup cost.
Old 04-15-2016, 07:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by larry0071
He spent 2 nights pissing with that on the lath and Bridgeport, around 7 hours into it. He said he would get you a drawing! Otherwise your into him at 7 hours labor!

He's going to get a drawing put together, and I'll post it for anyone to steal.

Attachment 643864
Thank you very much for getting back on this! I'll be patient about the drawing haha
Old 04-15-2016, 07:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fusion 4x4
If there is some amount of demand for 1.5" clamps, we can price out a run of them next week. It is one of those things where they need to be run in larger numbers to spread the setup cost.
You already had me bugging you about this. I don't doubt there are more who would get in line.
Old 04-15-2016, 07:49 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Blizz
Thank you very much for getting back on this! I'll be patient about the drawing haha
The first evening was spent making the tube round on both OD and ID, and then he milled the cap head screw lands in (x6 bolt head lands). By that time is was time to crash for the night. Evening 2 he drilled, tapped the threads and band saw cut the tube in half. That was only a couple more hours... but I would honestly think there was 5-6 hours with machine set up and changes, and then the time throwing chips. Doing things old school (manual) and on small equipment means that things take a lot more time.

But now, it's done and setting in my car! I hope to get my JK setting on the tires by Sunday evening. Nothing else matters to me but my Jeep at this point. If my wife/kids need me for anything, they can wait until Monday! It's Jeep Wrenching Weekend!
Old 04-15-2016, 08:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Blizz
You already had me bugging you about this. I don't doubt there are more who would get in line.
I would be if the cost was right. I'm looking for one very soon.
Old 04-15-2016, 08:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by larry0071
The first evening was spent making the tube round on both OD and ID, and then he milled the cap head screw lands in (x6 bolt head lands). By that time is was time to crash for the night. Evening 2 he drilled, tapped the threads and band saw cut the tube in half. That was only a couple more hours... but I would honestly think there was 5-6 hours with machine set up and changes, and then the time throwing chips. Doing things old school (manual) and on small equipment means that things take a lot more time.

But now, it's done and setting in my car! I hope to get my JK setting on the tires by Sunday evening. Nothing else matters to me but my Jeep at this point. If my wife/kids need me for anything, they can wait until Monday! It's Jeep Wrenching Weekend!
I'm real jealous that you are farther than me in your hydro set up haha. But when it comes to working on my jeep, it's my only vehicle right now. So if it goes down, I am there until I finish the job.
Old 04-16-2016, 04:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Desert Crawler
If you do a little searching you can find them for under $40. I just picked up a 1.75 ID PSC clamp with the boss attatched to run a stabilizer bolt for under $50.
I didn't actually pay 75 for mine. I paid 45 shipped last spring. Don't know where he is getting that price from
Old 04-16-2016, 05:06 AM
Former Vendor

The guys over at Chassis Unlimited give them away. Here is a kit PSC 1.5" Tie Rod Clamp - Chassis Unlimited

Although, that doesn't look like a PSC clamp...

How much are you guys looking to pay? We can get the PSC in a 1.5". Like $55-$60? Or are you looking for a lot less?
Old 04-16-2016, 03:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fusion 4x4
The guys over at Chassis Unlimited give them away. Here is a kit PSC 1.5" Tie Rod Clamp - Chassis Unlimited

Although, that doesn't look like a PSC clamp...

How much are you guys looking to pay? We can get the PSC in a 1.5". Like $55-$60? Or are you looking for a lot less?
I'd be willing to do $55 for an actual PSC clamp, but if you get enough orders to warrant you machining them, making that even cheaper I'd be all over it.

Quick Reply: Redneck ram assist install with Ruff Stuff DIY Tie Rod questions.