Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Red Rock CAI vs. Others

Old 01-07-2017, 09:55 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My chromo's did not break my Eaton Carrier... The housing on the axle did...lol Yep I spun tubes so the whole chomo's are a waste because they will break the carrier is wrong....

CAI will not add any noticeable HP... Believe me I'v been messing with Jeeps/Cars since for over 20 years. Who ever sold you that line of BS that a CAI will give you HP knows nothing about Jeeps/Cars.

Even if you put a CAI in put a Big boar Throttle Body Headers and Cat back system in then re-tuned for 93 octane through a professional Motorsport shop with dyno you might get 15HP... So after spending 2K in parts and shop tune costs you won't even notice much gains.... this is why most of us just bypass that crap... its a Jeep not a Civic....

Your Jeep do what you want.... with all the knowledge on here if you don't want to listen to us it fine by me... but there are a lot of guys on here like TheDirtman who live and breathe this stuff.... It might be worth listening to him.

Here are the pics of me spinning tubes... the carrier was fine...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Driveshaft.JPG
Views:	140
Size:	1.93 MB
ID:	664176   Click image for larger version

Name:	Down.JPG
Views:	138
Size:	2.17 MB
ID:	664177  
Old 01-07-2017, 10:02 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

BTW you don't need to drive in hood deep water to hydroLock your Jeep 12" will do just as much damage as 48" of water..... you are really starting to show how much knowledge you have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg4TROxSKCU
Old 01-07-2017, 05:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
BTW you don't need to drive in hood deep water to hydroLock your Jeep 12" will do just as much damage as 48" of water..... you are really starting to show how much knowledge you have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg4TROxSKCU
A little late to the party there stud. I think the rest of us have moved on. Thanks for your 1 cent though.
Word of advice to you bro...be a tough guy in person, not on the internet. THAT shows what you're made of. Don't question someone's knowledge on the internet big man. I'm sure you googled this response. You obviously have trouble with reading comprehension. My source recommending cai has probably forgotten more about cars than you've ever learned there Mr. Goodwrench. I don't try to live my life on the forums like a d-bag pretending to be an expert. However I welcome the input. Otherwise I wouldn't ask.

And the question was Red Rock CAI vs. other CAIs. NOT "to CAI or not to CAI"...

I'm 99% certain to purchase one based 100% on responses like yours dude. Maybe just for the sound. But it's my jeep, my money. Why do you care?
Old 01-07-2017, 05:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

P.S. I was hoping you would be my # 200.
Old 01-07-2017, 05:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

How about we meet at The Tackle Box third week of June. I'll be in Pine Knoll Shores. If you're not a d-bag in person maybe I'll buy you a Zima. 😉
Old 01-07-2017, 07:42 PM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 189 Posts
Default 3.8L CAI Mod -- Uses stock airbox without any changes...

Here's a related idea in case anyone is interested: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...4/#post4270999
Old 01-08-2017, 08:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mr.T
Here's a related idea in case anyone is interested: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...4/#post4270999
Thanks to Mr. T for providing factual info over opinion. Very interesting read. Refreshing to see "evidence" on the forum. Thanks man.
Old 01-09-2017, 05:09 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lonesometree
Thanks to Mr. T for providing factual info over opinion. Very interesting read. Refreshing to see "evidence" on the forum. Thanks man.
Evidence is everywhere, not just on Jeep forums, but you'd have to look. Pressure drop across the filter element is a bigger factor than which bent tube you pick.

Quick Reply: Red Rock CAI vs. Others