Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

red neck ram

Old 10-11-2010, 05:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default red neck ram

looking into upgrading to hydro assist. i like the price on the red neck ram set up. just wondering if anyone is running this. just looking to hear some feed back on how this system is.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Use the search button.

I think you'll find that most are happy with the PSC hydro-assist, altho there are cheaper (not better) set ups.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Many people have had good luck with the redneck ram. Only failure I've personally seen was due to a lack of any type of cooler in the steering system.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

PSC has an economy kit for $425 that works great. I just installed one and I didn't have to send my box in to be modified. If you have all the parts gathered together, it can easily be done in one day.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:49 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I installed the PCS ram and then 2 weeks ago helped a friend install the red neck ram. The ram itself is the same in both systems The PCS comes with a high volume pump and a billet aluminum resevior I have driven both systems. If I had it to do again I would buy red neck and save the money
The red neck system is weld on. PCS is bolt on depending on which tie rod you have
Old 10-12-2010, 02:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

no one else has the red neck ram set up
Old 10-12-2010, 04:24 PM
JK Newbie

yup got the redneck up here north of Toronto. Great service and have had no issues.

grimm
Old 10-12-2010, 06:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had researched WTO when I was looking and would have gone with them. They are good people. I was getting ready to send my box into them to be modified for the hydraulic hoses when I discovered the PSC kit for the same price. With the Redneck kit I would have been down about 2 weeks and with the PSC one or two days. Easy choice for me.

Quick Reply: red neck ram