Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Red Lightning Bolt and Limp Mode

Old 02-16-2016, 04:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put a brand new battery in on Friday and have the charging system tested. Everything checks out. This was my first thought as well. So far I also changed out the camshaft position sensor since that was the code that was constant. I also found a bad wheel sensor in the rear passenger wheel. I replaced and drove several times on that day and the next and had no issues. This morning, hopped in the Jeep to go to work and the lightning bolt was on and Jeep was in limp mode. Same codes as above. WTH.

On another note, I know that I have a cracked Driver side Exhaust manifold and get the Efficiency Bank 2 code on and off. Sometimes its there sometimes it is not.

I cleared the codes and tuned the Jeep back to stock. I have a Superchips Trail Dash. I drove it for 20 minutes and it hasn't came back. Usually limp mode would return after 15-20 minutes of driving.

Originally Posted by templer
If it was me I'd take your battery out and have them test it. Computers are so sensitive to low voltage. You could have a bad cell. Sounds like the computer and programmer ain't the problem. I put a ls2 in a 74 camaro. When i got it all wired I used the hei wire to supply power to the computer. Well when it would start that circuit would lose power and basically the car would go into limp mode. Found out from a friend I had to wire that into a relay. Did that and fixed my limp mode and iratic idle. Took few months to figure that out. That would be ez if you ask me to pull the battery and check it. How old is it? Or check the alternator.
Old 06-04-2016, 11:18 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What fixed the issue?

what fixed the issue?

Quick Reply: Red Lightning Bolt and Limp Mode