Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Recon Front License Plate Cover Removal

Old 08-17-2017, 03:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recon Front License Plate Cover Removal

Hello All,

Searched online and couldn't find the answer, so before I go Hulk on it...I figured I'd ask the question here.

Bought a 2017 Rubicon Recon from a dealership that requires front plates, so they installed the bracket by drilling in two holes to the license plate (RUBICON) cover.

I am a resident of Florida, which does not require a front plate...so I am about to put on a new front license plate cover to replace the one that has the mounting holes drilled out.

Anyone have experience or know how to remove it?

Do I need to drop the lower (plastic) portion of the bumper to access the rear of the cover...or can I just yank it off and slap a new cover on it?

Thanks in advance!

V/r
BS
Old 08-18-2017, 04:22 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Sexy
Hello All,

Searched online and couldn't find the answer, so before I go Hulk on it...I figured I'd ask the question here.

Bought a 2017 Rubicon Recon from a dealership that requires front plates, so they installed the bracket by drilling in two holes to the license plate (RUBICON) cover.

I am a resident of Florida, which does not require a front plate...so I am about to put on a new front license plate cover to replace the one that has the mounting holes drilled out.

Anyone have experience or know how to remove it?

Do I need to drop the lower (plastic) portion of the bumper to access the rear of the cover...or can I just yank it off and slap a new cover on it?

Thanks in advance!

V/r
BS
The views are rackin' up...no experience or knowledge to pass? Surely someone has the 411 on the question above??

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Recon Front License Plate Cover Removal