Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Recommended tire pressure on and off road?

Old 08-21-2012, 07:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommended tire pressure on and off road?

I have 35in. Mickey Thompson baja mtz radial tires. 17 inch wheels. What would be the best psi for them for daily driving to maximize their life and/or get better mpg (i realize its a jeep but ill take what i can get!).

Also for going offroad (dirt, sand, rocks, mud) what would work best?

Ive tried looking everywhere online but i figure everyone on here would have the most knowledge.
Thanks everyone in advance!!!
Old 08-21-2012, 09:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default ...

Originally Posted by T_Gass
I have 35in. Mickey Thompson baja mtz radial tires. 17 inch wheels. What would be the best psi for them for daily driving to maximize their life and/or get better mpg (i realize its a jeep but ill take what i can get!).

Also for going offroad (dirt, sand, rocks, mud) what would work best?

Ive tried looking everywhere online but i figure everyone on here would have the most knowledge.
Thanks everyone in advance!!!
i think it depends on a great many factors not the least of which would be the weight of your particular rig. I think the best way is to do a chalk test.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:22 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by williard86
i think it depends on a great many factors not the least of which would be the weight of your particular rig. I think the best way is to do a chalk test.
Can you explain what a the chalk test? thanks
Old 08-22-2012, 03:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Draw a line across the tire with chalk. Drive it to see how much of the line goes away. Adjust pressure to make most of the line disappear. Gives you a good way to make sure most of your tire is in contact with the road.

Quick Reply: Recommended tire pressure on and off road?