Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Recommended PSI?

Old 10-20-2010, 03:24 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can a dealer flash to a different PSI if I tell them that I need to run 30 psi in my 33s? Like, they could drop it to 25psi? <---- no money for a programmer at the moment. My TPMS goes off at around 32psi.

Last edited by IcyFridge; 10-20-2010 at 03:49 AM.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by luke
Sorry but that's way to low psi I drive in the desert alot and would never go below 16 psi I did once before and the tyre came off the rim
say what u like but i routinely run mine at 10psi off road. wouldnt even know i was aired down at 16 and would never have a tire loose a bead.

Originally Posted by IcyFridge
Can a dealer flash to a different PSI if I tell them that I need to run 30 psi in my 33s? Like, they could drop it to 25psi? <---- no money for a programmer at the moment. My TPMS goes off at around 32psi.
dealership reprogrammed mine down to 25psi free of charge.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tire shop inflated my new STT's to 38 PSI ... when I got home I could see that the tires were riding only on the center tread. I currently have mine down to 30 PSI and it seems all the tread is now in contact with ground.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepjake
Just wondering what PSI I should be running for daily/highway use? I have 33x12.5 Mickey Thompson MTZ's. When I got it from the dealer, they had them up to full capacity (50 PSI!!!) I dropped them to 38 but would love some input from you more experienced JK owners. 1st time Jeep owner here, so take it easy

Also, what about off-road??? (mud,sand,snow)
i'm trying to determine myself what PSI i should keep with my tires (Nitto Terra Grapplers LT305/55/R20; 33inches in height)... I came across this thread as I want to increase the PSI and looking for rationale for it...

but just to share with all of you, recently I've noticed that I've been getting poor gas mileage on my 2007 JK 4-door... I didn't have great mileage to begin with, but it went bad really fast... When i investigated why, I realized that I did not monitor my tire pressure all throughout this very cold winter... last I checked with my tires before the winter, my tires were a little above 40 PSI... in my investigation, i found that my tires went down to 35.

I do also have to replace/clean my air filter (it's actually a CAI filter, supposedly to help fuel efficiency) so that can be another factor, but I strongly feel that the main reason is the lower PSI.

I'm not as experienced as many of you here, but I learned enough to wonder how some of the you can drive 25-30 PSI on-road... I guess it depends on the type and size of your tires, but I know for sure that I'm not going lower than 40... I'm inclined to bring it up to 45 and see how that turns out...

hope my experience helps...

Quick Reply: Recommended PSI?