Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: Flashpaq Recommendation
AEV ProCal
23.53%
SuperChip
76.47%
HyperTech
0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Recommended FlashPaq?

Old 03-08-2011, 11:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Recommended FlashPaq?

So finally after 2 plus years getting some 35" in next couple weeks. Told myself i wouldn't replace tires until 50k which is just around the corner.
So i'm looking at FlashPaqs and wondering which one i should get? Really just want to change tire size setting but additional options would be nice.

AEV ProCal = $150
Superchip = $340
HyperTech = $380
Other?

Is it worth the xtra $200 for Superchip or HyperTech?
Thanx in advance for any input on this subject....
~Jeremiah
Old 03-08-2011, 11:17 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

There are plenty of threads asking the same thing, lots of info and pro's and con's to read through. Just do a quick search for pages and pages and pages.

But
Really just want to change tire size setting but additional options would be nice.
The ProCal has everything you need. The other two offer tuning, which you don't, so why pay for it???
Old 03-08-2011, 11:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What functions are you going to use? If all you are going to do is change tire size, no its not worth it. If you do more, than it could be. Question only you can answer
Old 03-08-2011, 11:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you are going to get something similar in price, you might as well get the one that can tune your jeep and give it more mpg and power... just my 2 cents. I have the superchips and it has helped on multiple aspects (tire size, power, etc.)
Old 03-08-2011, 02:23 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mad_philosopher
So finally after 2 plus years getting some 35" in next couple weeks. Told myself i wouldn't replace tires until 50k which is just around the corner.
So i'm looking at FlashPaqs and wondering which one i should get? Really just want to change tire size setting but additional options would be nice.

AEV ProCal = $150
Superchip = $340
HyperTech = $380
Other?

Is it worth the xtra $200 for Superchip or HyperTech?
Thanx in advance for any input on this subject....
~Jeremiah

You probably can find all of your answers here by doing a little searching, there are probably 100 threads on this subject. On your list, only the Superchip and Hypertech are tuners, the Procal just adjusts tire size and a few other items.

I had the Procal and moved the the Superchips and I am happy. Most of it depends on what you want to do with a tuner?

If you want to change tire size, gears, and turn TPMS of, the Procal is perfect. If you want to play with your tunes, adjust mileage, change octane on your fuel, put tow tunes in, etc, you probably want the Superchips.

Hypertech makes a good product, but I think it is more limited than the Superchip, and I am not sure how good the Diablo tuner is, but is it new.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:25 PM
JK Newbie

I really like my Superchips! To me its well worth the money. Havent had any problems with it! I definitely can feel the performance gains!

Quick Reply: Recommended FlashPaq?