Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Recommended 2.5" lifts?

Old 02-05-2015, 04:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Monte417
You still got those duratracs
Yup. Cheers. The worn MTZ as spare is patiently waiting to be replaced but the Duratecs don't wear !!! So no rush to replace them.
Old 02-05-2015, 04:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by westchester
Yup. Cheers. The worn MTZ as spare is patiently waiting to be replaced but the Duratecs don't wear !!! So no rush to replace them.
Lol wow sick
Old 02-05-2015, 07:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Another vote for AEV here.....have one on my 2 door and my ladies 4 door. Comfortable on road and capable off.

Old 02-06-2015, 02:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recommend OME coil lift and nitro shocks. A bit expensive but you will be happy with the ride quality.
Old 02-06-2015, 08:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by carlojp
I recommend OME coil lift and nitro shocks. A bit expensive but you will be happy with the ride quality.
I second that. I've had OME lifts on my 04 TJ and my 08 JK. Yes it was a little more expensive but the ride quality is awesome. Highly recommend.
Old 02-06-2015, 08:49 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the suggestions, I'm not stuck on the price, I'd rather spend more and get it done right the first time. I'm now browsing through 4wd.com and Quadratec at lifts, with your input.
Now to decide about 35s with gears or just going 33s. It will be wheeled some but also driven daily.
Decisions Decisions
Old 02-06-2015, 11:08 AM
JK Newbie

I put on the 2.5" Trailmaster spacer/shock lift in November. No issues here yet. I did get a set of sway bar disconnects for going off road. $420 for everything. My planned trail runs will be mild as this is my DD.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:33 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I vote for the Rancho 2" sport system. Comes with RS9000XL shocks. I'm clearing 33's with no issues, and mine actually see the rocks. If they are doing the discount right now, it's less than 400 bucks shipped. That means the lift is free, and you are paying for the shocks. I have no drive line issues, no binding, notta. Great flex, and you will have extra $$$$ to buy other cool things, like a winch plate or Terraflex HD hinge and tire carrier. The other fella that wheels with me most days has a 4 door with the AEV 2.5" lift, and it does nothing mine doesn't do for double the price. Bonus, I have adjustable shocks and his came with Blistens; which are good shocks just stiff and not adjustable.

Click image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	595587Click image for larger version

Name:	012.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	595588
Old 02-06-2015, 04:40 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by westchester
Long term recommendation : I've had the Teraflex 2.5" coil spring lift kit with 35s for years, easy install at home and zero problems. Many kits are similar, save the worry and go with this kit and then move on to the next upgrade mod.

I have read posts from people on here saying teraflex sags pretty bad. what are your thoughts or experience with the sagging rumors with teraflex?? I understand all springs will settle into place, but they make it sound like a major problem. also does the 2.5'' kit you have level the jeep out front to back?? It sounds like your happy with your teraflex kit.
Old 02-06-2015, 05:30 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DAN E
I have read posts from people on here saying teraflex sags pretty bad. what are your thoughts or experience with the sagging rumors with teraflex?? I understand all springs will settle into place, but they make it sound like a major problem. also does the 2.5'' kit you have level the jeep out front to back?? It sounds like your happy with your teraflex kit.
I have had the Teraflex 2.5 coil lift for two years on a DD. Actually lifted front a little over 3" and with winch sits about level. Shocks are bilstien and see a ton of freeway. Ride is jeepy but fine

Quick Reply: Recommended 2.5" lifts?