Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Recommendations or Warnings for 2.5" Lift

Old 02-23-2013, 02:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommendations or Warnings for 2.5" Lift

So I am in the process of doing the upgrades on my 2012 JK Unlimited. The plans cover new bumpers, new wheels and tires, a new rack and a lift. For now, since this is a daily driver and I do end up in parking garages every now and then, I am planning on a 2.5" lift. In a couple of years when I replace the tires I will up it all and likely go bigger but for now a 2.5". So my question is does anybody have strong feelings, positive or negative, for any lift kits? Right now I am looking at the AEV Sport and Skyjacker (which I used on my '89 MANY years ago.

Thanks for your input

Gary
Old 02-23-2013, 02:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am in the same boat as you Gary. I am new to the jeep world and am slowly starting to build up my jeep. I am looking at a 2 inch BDS lift with the fox shocks upgrade. I have read many good things about that combination but am open to suggestions.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default teraflex coil lift

Look at the sponsoring manufacturer and vendors forum. I believe there is still a deal going on through ORW for a teraflex 2.5 coil lift with bilstein 5100s. I've heard nothing but good things
Old 02-23-2013, 03:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My JK daily driver for past 5 years has Teraflex 2.5" coil lift and 35s. Zero issues with this lift and I highly recommend it, plus can be installed in home garage. It's been a decent while since I read the threads on lifts, I recall not many fans of the Skyjacker JK lift (I'm guessing you have a Skyjacker auth dealer trying to push this lift on you inc the install ?)

Mine fits parking garages 6' 4" and over.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:42 PM
JK Newbie

Can someone keep me posted with this? I found a cheap 2.5" skyjacker, and I wanna run it with 35" tires and bumpers
Old 02-23-2013, 04:15 PM
JK Newbie

I went with the BDS 2" leveling kit, and I'm ready to move up to the 2.5 or even 3. I too park in a garage for work and the clearance is 6'4". I'm limited to what I can do. However, the BDS lift is really nice.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:05 PM
Former Vendor

Can't go wrong with Rock Krawler!!

What type of wheeling do you do? That makes a big difference for what lift you should get. 2.5" is a great height and can fit 35's with no issues.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:58 AM
JK Newbie

Default Thanks & question

Thanks for the recommendations. For those that went with the Teraflex coil did you find it a complete kit? One of the things I did not see there was an upgraded steering stabilizer. I am thinking if I go 35s then that is something that should be added. Thoughts?
Old 02-24-2013, 10:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tricdn
Thanks for the recommendations. For those that went with the Teraflex coil did you find it a complete kit? One of the things I did not see there was an upgraded steering stabilizer. I am thinking if I go 35s then that is something that should be added. Thoughts?
It's a complete kit. Although I'd add an adjustable front track bar. No need for a SS.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Smashboogie 4x4
Can't go wrong with Rock Krawler!! .
A-men to that, love the 3.5

Quick Reply: Recommendations or Warnings for 2.5" Lift