Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Recommendations on new 3 inch springs

Old 05-06-2015, 11:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Unlimited_X
what are your thoughts on the EVO Plush springs?
I have 4" evos and they are a little on the stiff side. I've been wanting to drop down to 3" synergy coils, but I can't find anyone to trade shocks and I don't necessarily want to spend whole ton of money on new ones.
Old 05-06-2015, 04:33 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bombout800
I have 4" evos and they are a little on the stiff side. I've been wanting to drop down to 3" synergy coils, but I can't find anyone to trade shocks and I don't necessarily want to spend whole ton of money on new ones.
why trade shocks? If you're currently running enough bump stop for the shocks you have and only changing out the coils you don't have to change shocks. Just checked free lengths of both springs... Front coil springs 4 door... EVO 4" -21", Synergy 3" 21.375". Synergy 3" coils have a longer free length than evo 4"

Last edited by JE8154; 05-06-2015 at 04:41 PM.
Old 05-06-2015, 04:36 PM
JK Junkie

What shocks are you running?
Old 05-06-2015, 04:45 PM
JK Junkie

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...2/#post3861135
found this while searching...
Old 05-06-2015, 04:47 PM
JK Newbie

I have 4" evos and they are a little on the stiff side.
I thought the whole marketing ploy was that they were soft and smooth riding. Isn't that what the "plush" stands for?
Old 05-06-2015, 05:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Unlimited_X
I thought the whole marketing ploy was that they were soft and smooth riding. Isn't that what the "plush" stands for?
Dictionary.com~
PLUSH:
adjective, expensively or showily luxurious: the plushest hotel in town.

LOL, whatever the hell that means....they are a good coil spring, but stiffer than other linear springs I've used as other people have mentioned here. I'm not trying to put down other mfg's, but you wanted an opinion of them. Stiff doesn't necessarily equal bad, and soft (squishy) doesn't necessarily equal good. Might come down to what kind of wheeling you're going to get yourself into. If you drive to the store and back, Evo's might not be your first choice.
Old 05-06-2015, 05:09 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Tatonka456
Dictionary.com~
PLUSH:
adjective, expensively or showily luxurious: the plushest hotel in town.

LOL, whatever the hell that means....they are a good coil spring, but stiffer than other linear springs I've used as other people have mentioned here. I'm not trying to put down other mfg's, but you wanted an opinion of them. Stiff doesn't necessarily equal bad, and soft (squishy) doesn't necessarily equal good. Might come down to what kind of wheeling you're going to get yourself into. If you drive to the store and back, Evo's might not be your first choice.
I mostly drive to and from work, and quadratec recommends OME or AEV kits for the best ride.
Old 05-06-2015, 05:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well ORE or AEV are both good manufacturers and with mostly going to and fro from work, might be a good choice for you....keep in mind that 3" threshold for lifting the JK is about the same time you start having to start considering things like exhaust spacers, adj. track bars, wheel spacing, etc. If you keep with the 3" idea, I would recommend looking for as complete of a kit you can find that takes those things into consideration. You will find a lot of threads on lift kits on here.

For what you're doing, something like the 2.5" Teraflex Budget boost kit (TeraFlex JK Wrangler 2.5 inch Performance Budget Boost) might be worth looking at. Just a thought. Plus, there are tons of install videos and instructions for this very kit if you want to the work yourself.
Old 05-06-2015, 09:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
What shocks are you running?
Fox 2.0s. Coming from rough country shocks. Before the shocks were changed and coming from rough country springs to evos I noticed minimal change is ride comfort. Added the shocks and I got a huge increase in cornering ability, and dampening. I think their dampening is a bit too stiff and the rebound is pretty darn good. I've been wanting to send them to fox to be revalved. Wanted to swap springs before going that route to see what I really needed to do. Although, revalving is cheaper.
Old 05-06-2015, 09:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JE8154
why trade shocks? If you're currently running enough bump stop for the shocks you have and only changing out the coils you don't have to change shocks. Just checked free lengths of both springs... Front coil springs 4 door... EVO 4" -21", Synergy 3" 21.375". Synergy 3" coils have a longer free length than evo 4"
I just assumed they would be too long as they are a 4-6" lift shock. I asked a question on here before and was told I would definitely want to change the shocks.

Quick Reply: Recommendations on new 3 inch springs