Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Recommendations on new 3 inch springs

Old 05-05-2015, 10:58 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JE8154
I'm also fairly certain you get excommunicated if you run anything other than evo. There have been a few guys on here that have swapped evo for synergy or metalcloak because the Evo's were "too stiff"
I've heard they were stiff unless you get adjustable shocks or the EVO spec shocks to go with them.
Old 05-05-2015, 01:19 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have two customers that run the Evo coils and they both love them. Caveat, they are both using them as their first lift's on JK's so I can't say that can do an honest comparison. That being said, personal experience I've never run them but have heard very few complaints about them.
Old 05-05-2015, 04:26 PM
JK Junkie

Evo's ride nice. RK's triple rates ride just as good Imo. I might try Synergys just to say i did .. Lol
Old 05-05-2015, 04:31 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JE8154
I'm also fairly certain you get excommunicated if you run anything other than evo. There have been a few guys on here that have swapped evo for synergy or metalcloak because the Evo's were "too stiff"
Funny because i thought the the same. Well not stiff but not as soft as people say they are. Honestly I expected a "plush" coil, not really the case.
Old 05-05-2015, 05:15 PM
JK Newbie

My thoughts BDS.Suspension Lift with Fox shocks is something to look in to.
2007-2011 Jeep Wrangler JK 2 Door 3" lift kit 1423H | BDS Suspension
Old 05-05-2015, 05:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm running the 2.5" 4dr kit on my JKUR. It netted me just about 3-3.25 inches of lift and I was expecting it. I know they were in the R&D stage for the 2dr kit and I'm not sure if they finished it. They can answer any questions you might have about their kit and now offer a kit with Fox shocks so you already have half the upgrade.
Old 05-05-2015, 06:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Level 10 Off Road
I have two customers that run the Evo coils and they both love them. Caveat, they are both using them as their first lift's on JK's so I can't say that can do an honest comparison. That being said, personal experience I've never run them but have heard very few complaints about them.
I have the 3" Plush Ride and love them. They are a little stiffer than say Teraflex, or stock Rubi springs, but if you start adding weight like bumpers and a winch and start hitting rough offroad, the lil extra spring is nice to have. I can tell you I haven't had a single issue with them and they are true to height after 6k miles.

I haven't tried the Synergy springs yet but I run their control arms, drag link and steer correction kit and know they make a good product.

To the op, you'll get lots of opinions (including mine), but in the long run you'll have to try several before noting a difference to really compare. Getting coils from any vendor on here and you'll be good.

Good luck and happy wheeling.
Old 05-06-2015, 05:22 AM
JK Freak

i have the 3" EVO Plush coils, and I love them. I had the Teraflex 2.5" before these, and it is a night and day difference. The EVO ride so smooth.
Old 05-06-2015, 09:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

There is a shop here in the denver area that was telling me bds makes some good lifts, although they dont get the publicity as others like teraflex or synergy.
Old 05-06-2015, 09:30 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Level 10 Off Road
Synergy, Rock Krawler or Metalcloak. Those are the best three riding springs I've found on the market, all have them in the 3-3.5" range your looking for.
what are your thoughts on the EVO Plush springs?

Quick Reply: Recommendations on new 3 inch springs