Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Recommendations for a good gear shop in Denver metro

Old 08-19-2015, 08:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommendations for a good gear shop in Denver metro

Guys, can I get some recommendations on shops that can do a re-gear (5.13) and locker install that does not charge a arm and a leg? I have all the parts coming, got them from Northridge 4x4, so all I need is a good quality install. I have called a few shops and I have been quoted from a low of $475 to a high of $1500 so I'm sort of freaking out right now. Any suggestions would be great appreciated.
Old 08-20-2015, 04:20 AM
JK Newbie

Why don't you just drive up to Longmont and have Northridge install them?
Old 08-20-2015, 04:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by juggernutz
Guys, can I get some recommendations on shops that can do a re-gear (5.13) and locker install that does not charge a arm and a leg? I have all the parts coming, got them from Northridge 4x4, so all I need is a good quality install. I have called a few shops and I have been quoted from a low of $475 to a high of $1500 so I'm sort of freaking out right now. Any suggestions would be great appreciated.
High Country Performance 4x4 does good work and sets up a lot of gears.
Old 08-20-2015, 05:52 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Northridge in Longmont is a great shop.

If you're looking for something closer, the folks at Four2Go in wheatridge have been there forever and know what they're doing.
Old 08-20-2015, 07:07 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by scubatech
High Country Performance 4x4 does good work and sets up a lot of gears.
I have used them in the past but they quoted me over $1100 for 6hrs of labor on the install
Old 08-20-2015, 07:12 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension
Northridge in Longmont is a great shop.

If you're looking for something closer, the folks at Four2Go in wheatridge have been there forever and know what they're doing.
it's about a 90min drive from where I'm at up to Longmont so I was trying to avoid that and then maybe having to leave it there. I called the shop and the guy said they might be able to do it in a day but could not promise that.
Never heard of Four2Go before, I'll look into them. Thanks for the info.
Old 08-20-2015, 12:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't have any experience with shops in the area but always hear good about Northridge and High Country in general and did not know about Four2Go either so that's good intel. I am, however, doing a new front axle and rear re-gear soon to match so in the same boat. In the past, I've done my own gears and may still but TBD (time, body, desire) work against me these days for the messy, on your back gear jobs.

That said Josh at SFF Customs 07-13 Jeep Wrangler JK 4.88 5.13 re-gears.... gets good feedback on our local forum. Not sure what gearsets he's using at that price but it'd be worth a call.
Old 08-20-2015, 01:49 PM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by fredrok
I don't have any experience with shops in the area but always hear good about Northridge and High Country in general and did not know about Four2Go either so that's good intel. I am, however, doing a new front axle and rear re-gear soon to match so in the same boat. In the past, I've done my own gears and may still but TBD (time, body, desire) work against me these days for the messy, on your back gear jobs.

That said Josh at SFF Customs 07-13 Jeep Wrangler JK 4.88 5.13 re-gears.... gets good feedback on our local forum. Not sure what gearsets he's using at that price but it'd be worth a call.
Yep, they're not the biggest shop but they've been there for over 30 years. Good family and they're also a Wildcat (UTV) dealer. Chad who manages the store is a hill climb racer and used to hold some records for Pike's Peak. . . heck he still might.
Old 08-20-2015, 07:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

High country 4x4 is a great shop they did my gears , lockers , and other things but I agree they are expensive..
Trail Jeeps in golden is another great shop. The Edge Automotive is supposed to do good work to. I think
There somewhere by High Country 4x4.

Quick Reply: Recommendations for a good gear shop in Denver metro