Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Recommend a stubby bumper

Old 11-16-2016, 03:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommend a stubby bumper

I like both the go industries bumper and the arb. But are thier any other options I should consider I do not want to modify the frame at all. And I want to mount a 8000 pound winch to the bumper either a warn gen 2 or a zeon (8000 should be sufficient correct). are thier any things I should know about stubby bumpers any problems with them do they increase wind drag significantly?

Would be be nice to have options for auxiliary lights etc. and I'd prefer to have a bull bar

also is anyone currently running the go industries bumper it's very interesting

So help me decide
Old 11-16-2016, 06:25 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Gartix
I like both the go industries bumper and the arb. But are thier any other options I should consider I do not want to modify the frame at all. And I want to mount a 8000 pound winch to the bumper either a warn gen 2 or a zeon (8000 should be sufficient correct). are thier any things I should know about stubby bumpers any problems with them do they increase wind drag significantly? Would be be nice to have options for auxiliary lights etc. and I'd prefer to have a bull bar also is anyone currently running the go industries bumper it's very interesting So help me decide
I like my Crawler Conceptz bumper. Very slight grinding on the frame and didn't have to relocate the vacuum pump.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2073765402.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	451.4 KB
ID:	661080
Old 11-17-2016, 05:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Name:	image-2947671550.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	575.8 KB
ID:	661091

Pure jeep bare bonez
Old 11-17-2016, 08:13 AM
JK Freak

Default Bumper

I know a lot of people on here suggest the big name companys. I found a company called Trail Products that make their own bumpers in the USA and I feel are very reasonably priced. I have a mid-width on my current Wrangler. All their bumpers are direct bolt ons and you do not have to relocate anything. Take a look...
Old 11-17-2016, 08:21 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

check out https://tptfabspec.com/ made in the USA and well made and affordable.
Old 11-17-2016, 08:46 AM
JK Newbie

I am running thte RC Hybrid stubby with a 10k winch. Mine is the model that has end caps for running factory fogs. Very easy install. Price was right.

The only cons for me were: 1)factory powder coat sucks so I bedlined it before install. But I have gotten the bedliner bug. 2) Its not sturdy enough to use as a ramp for bumping over rocks and such, assuming you're into that. It's mainly just a winch carrier.
Old 11-17-2016, 09:34 AM
JK Newbie

Name:	image-322428953.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	654.5 KB
ID:	661123

My $200 eBay special. Haha
Old 11-17-2016, 10:35 AM
JK Junkie

I've got ACE bumpers, their stubby one is very well built and has worked quite well with my 10k winch

matthew
Old 11-17-2016, 11:10 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by saharaharry
I know a lot of people on here suggest the big name companys. I found a company called Trail Products that make their own bumpers in the USA and I feel are very reasonably priced. I have a mid-width on my current Wrangler. All their bumpers are direct bolt ons and you do not have to relocate anything. Take a look...
I looked at and talked to Full Metal Fabworks, but I couldn't get past the $180 shipping charge. I ended up going with a brand that was carried by Northridge 4x4 which offers free shipping. FMF has a dealer in SD, but I was still facing that same steep shipping charge. Probably something to consider if you live out in the middle of nowhere like me.

Quick Reply: Recommend a stubby bumper