Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Recent Birthday and Holiday Sales Coming - What to purchase? Hmmm

Old 11-11-2015, 01:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Recent Birthday and Holiday Sales Coming - What to purchase? Hmmm

My birthday was this past Monday, but with the upcoming Black Friday sales I think I am going to hold off until then to make any new purchases. I am currently trying to decide on what my next mod or addition will be. Below is a list of things that I currently have and some ideas. Ya'll got any thoughts or recommendations? Curious to see what ya'll come up with.

FYI...My rig is a '13 JKU Auto with 3:73 gearing. It is my daily driver and I have 3 active kids. Most any offroad I do is gonna be logging roads, fields or woods. Hopefully, some day get up the road to the off-road park (2.5hrs) and that would have some rocks. If this info helps any.

Here is a list of items I have thus far.:
  • RK 2.5 Max Travel with Rancho 9000s
  • Synergy sector shaft brace & track bar
  • Fox steering stabilizer
  • 315/70R17 Goodyear Dura Tracs
  • sPod
  • LED Lights - Fogs, Headlights, A pillar lights, 10" bar atop my winch, rear led pods, led rock lights
  • Huskey floor liner - front & rear seating areas. Do not have cargo liner
  • Plenty of handles
  • TF HD hinge & carrier
  • Ace rear basket
  • Spiderwebshade
  • JR front & rear bumpers with d-rings
  • Engo 10K winch (synthetic line) with pro link
  • JCR oil/engine and exhaust loop skid
  • Fumoto oil valve
  • Antenna X - new antenna
  • Recovery gear - tree strap, tow strap, snatch block, d-ring

Some ideas I had:
  • BedTred rear cargo liner
  • Rear cargo door fold down table
  • Seat covers - Although the ones I like are more money (trek armor) or there are some other that I think come in the Kryptek black. Unless you have a cheaper suggestion?
  • Hot Head hard top liners
  • Change out my strap on handles with some Welcome Distributing handles
  • Carolina Metalmasters passenger grab handle with ram mount ball.
  • I would really, really like to get my rig re-geared (current gearing is 3:73), but I have stuck in my head that I would rather replace the front end with a PR44 instead of trying to beef up the D30 and have smaller gears. However, that is a pretty big chunk of change once you go down that road.
  • JCR's new flat fenders with their inner front liner.
  • JCR adventure tire carrier to get my spare off of the door although I do have the Teraflex hinge and carrier.
  • CB set up
  • New radio (head unit) with new speakers

Any other ideas or thoughts?
Old 11-12-2015, 08:41 AM
Former Vendor

Feel free to give me a call, PM, or email - emiles@offroadelements.com

We're very competitive with pricing (price match/beat), fast shipping, and we can throw in some pre-Black Friday discounts. Let me know if you have any questions
Old 11-12-2015, 02:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With 3 active kids I would put the Trek Armor seat covers at the top of the list.
Old 11-12-2015, 07:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for he replies thus fa, Any more thoughts or recommendations?
Old 11-13-2015, 06:40 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny, I had my birthday on 11/11 and the Jeep related gift I gave myself was the Superchips Flaspaq 3872 for my 2012 2 door 6 speed 3.73.

With the tuner I can fix the speedo as I changed the tires to a bigger than stock size, increase the idle when I need to use my Engo 12000 winch and tune it for better mpg or better 87 or 91 octane performance. It even has a rock crawler tune that desensitizes the throttle plus a bunch of stuff more.

I saw it as instant gratification for $250 new, which was not bad. I thought about getting a XHD snorkel but the chances of me using it were slim to none.

Good luck and happy birthday.
Old 11-13-2015, 06:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about some Ace Rock Rails? They make good steps and will be useful if you do start getting into the rocks offroading. They are also great for keeping cars from dinging your doors in the parking lots.
Old 11-13-2015, 12:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Broncorif
How about some Ace Rock Rails? They make good steps and will be useful if you do start getting into the rocks offroading. They are also great for keeping cars from dinging your doors in the parking lots.
Good thinking. However, I forgot to list that I have the rubi rails with Ace Rock Rails as well. Really like them and you are right...they keep other cars doors from dinging the jeep.
Old 11-13-2015, 12:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by goaterguy
Funny, I had my birthday on 11/11 and the Jeep related gift I gave myself was the Superchips Flaspaq 3872 for my 2012 2 door 6 speed 3.73. With the tuner I can fix the speedo as I changed the tires to a bigger than stock size, increase the idle when I need to use my Engo 12000 winch and tune it for better mpg or better 87 or 91 octane performance. It even has a rock crawler tune that desensitizes the throttle plus a bunch of stuff more. I saw it as instant gratification for $250 new, which was not bad. I thought about getting a XHD snorkel but the chances of me using it were slim to none. Good luck and happy birthday.
Dang it...I also forgot to add this item as well. I already have the Superchips Flashpaq as well. Thanks for the reply though.
Old 11-17-2015, 01:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Any other recommendations and/or opinions? Thanks.
Old 11-20-2015, 08:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MAG00
Any other recommendations and/or opinions? Thanks.
Bump.

Quick Reply: Recent Birthday and Holiday Sales Coming - What to purchase? Hmmm