Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Recent Alignment...should I be worried?

Old 03-19-2014, 01:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
I hope I'm not reading that as an endorsement for OEM driveshafts over aftermarkets and a proper set-up. LOL. You're really pushing those Rzeppa joints hard--they don't take steep angles very well for very long. Here's some great info on setting pinion angle, and the different types of driveshafts ...

Jeepwire.Com Presents: Setting Your Pinion Angle
Not an endorsement, but you can run the stockers for a long time and they are a lot more forgiving in the situation OP is in. I tore my boot on my first outing after my lift and it survived another 8 trips worth of wheeling and a year of daily driving before I swapped in aftermarket ones. They're not quite as fragile as a lot of people make them out to be.
Old 03-19-2014, 01:22 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by towel33
Not an endorsement, but you can run the stockers for a long time and they are a lot more forgiving in the situation OP is in. I tore my boot on my first outing after my lift and it survived another 8 trips worth of wheeling and a year of daily driving before I swapped in aftermarket ones. They're not quite as fragile as a lot of people make them out to be.
It's a crap shoot. I know one fellow on 4" who got less than a week out of his rear after moving up from 2.5". Two door. Another fellow in a four door got about a year at 4" the entire time, with some pretty aggressive wheeling. At 2.5", I got about 5 years out of my front on my four door. But, that's not exactly my point. Aftermarket driveshafts are better able to deal with the angles with which an off-roader will wheel. It's a better engineered vehicle. Rzeppas are fine for highway and mild off-roading at stock heights, and sometimes even a small bit of lift (or a whole bunch of lift for the mall crawler gang). But at taller heights when used for wheeling they are not because the joint is, quite simply, not designed to work at the angles involved.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

yea driveshafts are on the ever growing and never ending list of thing i need to buy because i bought something else....i'm going to rock the stockers until they die though
Old 03-25-2014, 12:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Probably should have gone to the same shop...but i didn't like how they said they changed the camber...since that's impossible.

However...my camber numbers changed a lot...i know that's unrelated to the lift...it's either the machine or MUCH MORE likely...cause I installed a truss.

Should i be worried about that caster....it's barely out of spec.

Everything else looks ok i think(i know the caster got worse...but it drives pretty nice still)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Scan0003.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	540477

Quick Reply: Recent Alignment...should I be worried?