Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rebuilfing warb 9.5 cti

Old 03-22-2014, 11:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rebuilfing warb 9.5 cti

Got a warn 9.5 cti on Craig's list. All worked good but I decided to tear down and clean up and clean it up. I didn't take the brake assembly apart. I degreased all the gears and inside parts and cleaned up the wiring and put heat shrink on the lines. I bought synthetic line, a cover and interrupt switch. Now is time to put back together. The inside grease was dirty and sludgy but no metal shavings or broke parts. The free spool and everything worked good before taking apart. I grinder a bit of rust of the drum and painted. It is the older grey version. I was going to repaint but I touched it up and got cover. Everything is cleaned up. In bags and labeled.

So now I am ready to put back together. I can't find much on line. Few questions.
1. What kind of grease should I use? How much should I use. V
2. Any certain order to put back together. I have diagrams.
3. Is the interrupt wiring a good idea or over kill?
4. The gaskets all look good any reason not to reuse them.
5. Best routing of wire. I have a 3.6 and bought heater hose to run wire through and wire loom.
5. Any other advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advanced.

Doug.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump. My biggest concern is what type of Greece can I use that I don't have to special order. Can I use mobile 1 synthetic.

Quick Reply: Rebuilfing warb 9.5 cti