Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear wheel speed sensors hitting tone ring

Old 09-27-2011 | 09:32 AM
JK Freak

Default Rear wheel speed sensors hitting tone ring

Have any of you taken out your rear wheel speed sensors and if you did, did you notice if they were in contact with tone ring? Mine are and one of them are worn down to the magnet.

Last edited by Jknockers; 09-27-2011 at 10:01 AM.
Old 09-27-2011 | 10:48 AM
JK Freak

Anybody?
Old 09-27-2011 | 11:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yikes, no I have never seen this on any vehicle unless the little o-ring was not replaced if you have had to change one out. Usually though its tough to get them in that far where you are going to actually wear the covering down to the magnet.....any pics?
Old 09-27-2011 | 12:51 PM
JK Freak

Bent axle/flange? Have you jacked it up & checked it rotating to see if its straight?
Old 09-27-2011 | 01:21 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by PhantomRescue
Yikes, no I have never seen this on any vehicle unless the little o-ring was not replaced if you have had to change one out. Usually though its tough to get them in that far where you are going to actually wear the covering down to the magnet.....any pics?
It's on the rear. There about 3 inches long, plastic and have a flat surface pad on the end. I was wondering if maybe they are suppose to "ride" on the tone ring and maybe when my wheel bearing went out the grindings had wore the pad down and made it rough and since it's not smooth anymore it just wore through.

I have since replace my bearings and axle shafts.

Quick Reply: Rear wheel speed sensors hitting tone ring