Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear Upper Arm Design Differences

Old 05-21-2008, 03:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Upper Arm Design Differences

Hi everybody,

Im from Rockhampton Australia and im not far off recieving my rock krawler 3.5 xfactor lift. one thing im hearing is the clearence is so tight with the kits betweeen the upper arms and tyres, I cant even run the standard wheels and tyres.
Is this true?
This could be a problem as the law here is strict on keeping wheels under gaurds. With the addition of wider tyres id want to keep backspace to a maximum.
I was looking at the factory arm and its almost a u shape where as the rockkrawler arms are perfectly straight. why did they leave this arm straight? perhaps for strength or is it simply poor design.

Are the other companies offerings out there with more clearence but similar features as the RK arms???

thanks in advance

Andy
Old 05-21-2008, 04:16 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's not the upper control arms that are the issue usually, but the swaybar end links that make contact with the larger/wider tires. Are wider fender flares a possibility to provide the coverage you need while adding to your track width?
Old 05-21-2008, 07:18 AM
Former Vendor

Currie upper arms have a bend just like the factory arm!!

http://www.currieenterprises.com/ces.../ce9807rua.jpg
Old 05-22-2008, 02:07 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Renegade
It's not the upper control arms that are the issue usually, but the swaybar end links that make contact with the larger/wider tires. Are wider fender flares a possibility to provide the coverage you need while adding to your track width?
the swaybar endlinks hey? hrrmm how are they different to the standard ones?

well i was going to get some bushwacker flares or similair at some stage as long as they completley cover the tyre that will be ok.
my main concern at the moment is if i can still run the stock rubicon wheels and tyres while im waiting for my wheels or if i need them for backup. has anyone done this ?

Last edited by Andy25; 05-22-2008 at 02:10 AM.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:23 AM
JK Newbie

after looking at the standard arms. dead straight arms in there place are definatly going to be in the way more than the swaybar endlinks which is pretty silly IMO how much harder is it to put a bend in

when i get them im going to have a go at see what a fab shop can do with modding them

Originally Posted by David @ Currie Ent.
Currie upper arms have a bend just like the factory arm!!

http://www.currieenterprises.com/ces.../ce9807rua.jpg

Quick Reply: Rear Upper Arm Design Differences