Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear trackbar bracket weak point

Old 03-27-2007, 04:08 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IGOFSHN
...and you still have just as much chance of breaking it as you would without any bracket.
This is where we disagree...
Old 03-27-2007, 05:13 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK. You believe the bracket is just fine if left stock and you use an adjustable track bar or drop down bracket. We do disagree there. No problem, we are both entitled to our own opinion.

Last edited by IGOFSHN; 03-27-2007 at 05:48 AM.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:04 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got off the phone with Skyjacker tech support and he said that because of the bad design by Jeep, and the fact that the factory mounting point is only welded on three sides, that an additional brace should be welded on the axle to that mounting point as well as beefing up the existing welds. He said that this is true for all sizes of lifts from that use the drop down relocation bracket. He said that an adjustable relocation bracket have the same probelms, and the same fix should be applied. I am new to this Jeep thing and had already bought the 2.5" kit from Skyjacker, so we will see how it goes...Lift goes on next Tuesday and new wheels and tires next Wednesday!
Old 03-29-2007, 10:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Is this only a rear track bar issue? Any known issues up front?
Old 08-22-2007, 05:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've seen this fail on a buddys JK on the weekend. Is there a fix for this? or will a diffferent setup have to work to get rid of the track bar.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:02 PM
Former Vendor

If you are looking for a stronger track bar brackets here you go!!

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...?t=7488&page=7

You will find that there is pros and cons to moving the track bar at the axle or the frame. With that said,we have beed doing R&D with our JK for over 8 month with no track bar bracket issues. One full week at Moab of wheeling every day, 4 days at the Rubicon and a number of other local trips doing nothing but testing the equipment, with no issues. Ok, maybe we had a little fun too!!!
Old 08-23-2007, 08:31 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by David @ Currie Ent.
If you are looking for a stronger track bar brackets here you go!!

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...?t=7488&page=7

You will find that there is pros and cons to moving the track bar at the axle or the frame. With that said,we have beed doing R&D with our JK for over 8 month with no track bar bracket issues. One full week at Moab of wheeling every day, 4 days at the Rubicon and a number of other local trips doing nothing but testing the equipment, with no issues. Ok, maybe we had a little fun too!!!
So what are your trac bar relocation brackets setup for? Meaning do they re-center the axle on a 3-4" lift or what? Reason Im asking is if I have a 3 inch lift will your brackets be perfect for my setup or will it actually be too tall of a relocation and push the axle off center using the stock t-bars? The mounts look very beefy though, great job!
Old 08-24-2007, 06:11 AM
Former Vendor

Our rear track bar relocator is set up for 3" lift, the front is for 5".
Old 08-24-2007, 07:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by David @ Currie Ent.
Our rear track bar relocator is set up for 3" lift, the front is for 5".
OK, so how much $ ?
Old 08-24-2007, 02:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Ok... compared my old track bar to my adjustable track bar. Also looked at my neighbor's super lift with a relocation bracket. Looking at it from an engineering perspective here are my thoughts. A benefit of the trackbar being parallel with the axle is that it places the welds in shear. This is a good thing. A relocation bracket places a moment arm on the bracket increasing the tension load on the bracket (bad thing). The Teraflex adjustable track bar takes the addition hight in to the equation as on my jeep it is parallel with the axle (good thing). Therefore, the bracket is not exceeding the working envelope for its loads. However, if you disconnect your swaybar under extreme articulation, your loads are going to exceed the design envelop for that bracket (In other words, you are shifting more of the load to tension then what it was designed to support.) While I am sure the jeep designers has incorporated safety factors into the design, I bet they did not plan for greater articulation from lift kits. That being said, if you box weld your brackets, use an adjustible trackbar that is parallel to your axle, you should be fine.

Quick Reply: Rear trackbar bracket weak point