Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear Track Bar Suggestions?

Old 12-19-2009, 12:39 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Track Bar Suggestions?

Hey everyone im looking at replacing/re-inforcing my factory rear track bar bracket as they are prone to breaking and bending. Mine is starting to bend so im looking to re-inforce it, also I been looking to also getting a rear track bar. Now I ran into a rear track bar bracket that is available with a cam bolt design in to use the factory track bar while at the same time re-inforcing it. Is anyone running this particular track bar bracket? I was told to by a friend if I get this bracket and do mild offroading it will get out of alignment because of the cam bolt design. Is this true? Right now I have 2 inches of lift and later will have about 4 inches of lift. If you all dont recommend this bracket then which bracket? I understand by going to another bracket I will get an adjustable track and for that route I have a track choice already

Last edited by JackMac4; 12-19-2009 at 05:40 AM. Reason: blacklisted mfg
Old 12-19-2009, 01:27 AM
JK Freak

Simple enough Rock Krawler !! There stuff is super heavy duty I'm running there track bars and brackets with no problems at all and I do anything but mild wheeling.
Old 12-19-2009, 06:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the track bar relocation bracket and the original track bar. I've ordered the JKS adjustable TB and reinforcing bracket. Seems like a pretty good setup from what I've read

By the way, after this, I will have replaced the sway bar disconnects, two front coil springs and trackbar relocation bracket from the Full Traction Premium kit. Not too happy about that.
Old 12-19-2009, 06:38 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fastrat350
Hey everyone im looking at replacing/re-inforcing my factory rear track bar bracket as they are prone to breaking and bending. Mine is starting to bend so im looking to re-inforce it, also I been looking to also getting a rear track bar. Now I ran into a rear track bar bracket that is available with a cam bolt design in to use the factory track bar while at the same time re-inforcing it. Is anyone running this particular track bar bracket? I was told to by a friend if I get this bracket and do mild offroading it will get out of alignment because of the cam bolt design. Is this true? Right now I have 2 inches of lift and later will have about 4 inches of lift. If you all dont recommend this bracket then which bracket? I understand by going to another bracket I will get an adjustable track and for that route I have a track choice already
if your going to a 4" lift.. what kit are you looking to buy? if it is a complete kit it should come with something to address that. I went AEV it came with a rear trackbar relocation bracket which is super strong and a new trackbar.

If I were to do it again I would go the exact same route.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:24 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by racer83l
if your going to a 4" lift.. what kit are you looking to buy? if it is a complete kit it should come with something to address that. I went AEV it came with a rear trackbar relocation bracket which is super strong and a new trackbar.

If I were to do it again I would go the exact same route.

I will be piecing together a kit over time
Old 12-19-2009, 11:19 AM
JK Newbie

I talked to David at Northridge the other day. He advised me to wait for the new JKS adjustables. He said that he should have them in a couple of weeks and that they are awesome.
Old 12-19-2009, 12:09 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 47DRVR
I talked to David at Northridge the other day. He advised me to wait for the new JKS adjustables. He said that he should have them in a couple of weeks and that they are awesome.
If this is the case, then its worth the wait. JKS makes great products and they use factory bushings.

Although the charge a premium and are not discounted.
Old 12-19-2009, 02:30 PM
JK Jedi

What did they change on the jks?
Old 12-19-2009, 04:44 PM
JK Super Freak

I went with JKS, they make a great product.

Quick Reply: Rear Track Bar Suggestions?