Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear track bar question....

Old 08-04-2015, 06:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear track bar question....

Im sure this is a dumb question but I can't find the answer in a search. Does changing out the rear track bar from stock do anything for on road stability or is is solely for strength off road and centering the axle?

Last edited by VETTETHRET; 08-04-2015 at 06:40 PM.
Old 08-04-2015, 06:58 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It will change your roll center based on height, but in stock location will just be stronger and adjust axle
Old 08-04-2015, 07:42 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Maertz
It will change your roll center based on height, but in stock location will just be stronger and adjust axle
I know you know quite a bit about Jeeps so let me tell you why I'm asking. My AEV's 4.5 ride has gotten really bad, VERY loose and sloppy. I took it in and to my surprise the Ball joints were fine (9k Miles and SUPER HEAVY wheels/tires). The front track bar was flexing REALLY BAD (Turning the wheel back and forth in the parking lot seeing the side to side movement) and there was some play in the Tie rod end links. Im taking it in later this month and having a Synergy Tie Rod and Drag Link installed, and a Teraflex Track bar. So the front will have all new parts and an alignment.

I'm also getting a lot of movement over bumps in the back (Feels a little like Jello over certain bumps). Because of the weight of the wheel/tires on my AEV carrier, my rear is sagging 1 1/8". I was told that causing toe out which is screwing up the ride, so I was told to put a 1" teraflex spacer in back to get my lift height back, AND change out the rear track bar to a Synergy to help as well. I was really thinking of pulling the trigger on the CRC link Conversion by full traction for the rear, but was told by this shop it wasn't necessary. My first real concern is on road ride and stability since this is my daily driver. In your opinion, is the CRC link worth it over putting a synergy in back? (From an on road ride/stability point of view)

Im going on my first wheeling trip at the end of the month finally (Flat fender flares are coming) so I want to make sure this thing is nice and stable for both street and trail. Whats your opinion of the Ful Traction CRC???
Old 08-04-2015, 07:56 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by VETTETHRET
Im taking it in later this month and having a Synergy Tie Rod and Drag Link installed, and a Teraflex Track bar.
Haven't been following your build or overall goals, so just a quick comment. If you are considering a synergy sector shaft brace, you might want to go with there trackbar also, as it was actually redesigned to be usable with the brace. (Pretty sure I have read that the tera trackbar does not work with it?)
Old 08-04-2015, 08:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want a CRC hope your patient. Ordered mine in June and I'm looking at end of October before I get my hands on it.

if you can read this, my Jeep is broken....
Old 08-04-2015, 08:21 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Haven't been following your build or overall goals, so just a quick comment. If you are considering a synergy sector shaft brace, you might want to go with there trackbar also, as it was actually redesigned to be usable with the brace. (Pretty sure I have read that the tera trackbar does not work with it?)
What is the sector shaft brace for?

I'm installing a redneck Ram assist end of next month as well.
Old 08-04-2015, 08:22 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Jonny K's JK
If you want a CRC hope your patient. Ordered mine in June and I'm looking at end of October before I get my hands on it.

WOW!!!!!!!! Did they say why so long?
Old 08-04-2015, 08:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

I know you know quite a bit about Jeeps so let me tell you why I'm asking. My AEV's 4.5 ride has gotten really bad, VERY loose and sloppy. I took it in and to my surprise the Ball joints were fine (9k Miles and SUPER HEAVY wheels/tires). The front track bar was flexing REALLY BAD (Turning the wheel back and forth in the parking lot seeing the side to side movement) and there was some play in the Tie rod end links. Im taking it in later this month and having a Synergy Tie Rod and Drag Link installed, and a Teraflex Track bar. So the front will have all new parts and an alignment.

I'm also getting a lot of movement over bumps in the back (Feels a little like Jello over certain bumps). Because of the weight of the wheel/tires on my AEV carrier, my rear is sagging 1 1/8". I was told that causing toe out which is screwing up the ride, so I was told to put a 1" teraflex spacer in back to get my lift height back, AND change out the rear track bar to a Synergy to help as well. I was really thinking of pulling the trigger on the CRC link Conversion by full traction for the rear, but was told by this shop it wasn't necessary. My first real concern is on road ride and stability since this is my daily driver. In your opinion, is the CRC link worth it over putting a synergy in back? (From an on road ride/stability point of view)

Im going on my first wheeling trip at the end of the month finally (Flat fender flares are coming) so I want to make sure this thing is nice and stable for both street and trail. Whats your opinion of the Ful Traction CRC???
How many miles on your jeep? That's really strange you have that many issues and it's never been offroad. Since it isn't the steering axle, the rear isn't as crucial or akin to deflection as the front - they are, but moreso when flexing and not just driving normal on the road.

I raised my rear roll center and didn't notice a difference, however I did not do the front yet, and nothing was wrong in the first place.

If I were you i'd figure out what the problem is before guessing on stuff.
Old 08-04-2015, 08:54 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by lkjk
How many miles on your jeep? That's really strange you have that many issues and it's never been offroad. Since it isn't the steering axle, the rear isn't as crucial or akin to deflection as the front - they are, but moreso when flexing and not just driving normal on the road.

I raised my rear roll center and didn't notice a difference, however I did not do the front yet, and nothing was wrong in the first place.

If I were you i'd figure out what the problem is before guessing on stuff.
It only has 9k miles on it. The AEV kit comes with a rear track bar tower. I'm not guessing at this point, everything i'm replacing is what two different shops have told me to replace. I would replace it regardless eventually because I want to get the weak stock parts off since I will be wheeling a couple times a month. Im hope bringing my rear back up and the alignment helps the rear end, but I am still considering the CRC. I have found three different post buy guys on this forum that say its a big improvement. J.E.E.P (Just empty every pocket)!
Old 08-04-2015, 09:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW!!!!!!!! Did they say why so long?
Nope just that it was in production. They were a little defensive about it to, I waited 5 weeks to call.

Quick Reply: Rear track bar question....